Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carry a long gun (shotgun or rifle) in your car OD?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carry a long gun (shotgun or rifle) in your car OD?

Just the thread about carrying a good gun in car made me think of this

who here carries a rifle or a shotgun in their car besides their usual pistol?

what are the laws about this in your state? I don't think i'd carry my AR with me in the car, but I wanted to know who does carry it
    I don't carry anythign in car, just my concealed
    33.33%
    I have a pistol, thats it
    27.08%
    I carry a Rifle (AR15, AK47 etc)
    10.42%
    I carry a shotgun
    8.33%
    I'm badass and I have a pistol, shotgun and a rifle
    20.83%

My state won't allow long guns to be carried loaded (or even with magazines inserted) in a car. They must be locked up in the trunk.

Comment

The only gun I carry is the one on me. I don't like leaving guns in the car unattended. Call me paranoid but cars get broken into all the time and I don't want one of my babies getting in the hands of some scumbag. I did look into the possibility of putting in a secure long gun mount under the rear seat of my Extended cab Silverado. I just never did it.

Comment

The only gun I carry is the one on me. I don't like leaving guns in the car unattended. Call me paranoid but cars get broken into all the time and I don't want one of my babies getting in the hands of some scumbag. I did look into the possibility of putting in a secure long gun mount under the rear seat of my Extended cab Silverado. I just never did it.

Comment

I had to vote no on this one, but the only reason for that is I haven't found a storage solution I like for my sfot top Wrangler. When I was still driving a pick-up I had a gun mount behind the seat with a 12ga. Also before I was old enough to get a CWP, I carried a long-gun in my vehicle.
          Forti Fors Bona

Comment

I carry a rifle, but it's a Ruger 10-22. You never know when you're going to run across a "stupid-chicken" with a death wish. In the summer, it's a Marlin 45-70 Guide Gun (that's my fishing gun). Yep, the fish are pretty big up here, but the bears that fish for them are even bigger. So, I didn't vote since I'm a none of the above type of person.
            The DA/SA handgun: A NAZI solution to a problem that didn't exist!

Comment

Most of the time I carry my AK47 in my Durango. It's well hidden and secured but easily accessible. This is the vehicle I transport my kids in, so if something ever went down at their school, I want to be armed for a fighting chance.

In Indiana it is perfectly legal for any proper person to carry a loaded long gun on their person or in their vehicle.
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
              8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Blackdog, where do you keep it?

if I do carry a rifle in my jeep (its a patriot) the only place is really the trunk....

Comment

All of the above.
                  The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Well, whenever I leave here to go 92 miles away to stay at my other house I take my AR with me so it rides around in my personal truck fairly often in that respect. I assume we are talking about personal vehicles.

Whenever I go out I take my G23 with me although it sometimes gets left in the truck both during my outings and overnight in which case you'd find my P32 in my pants pocket. I only carry the G23 under certain circumstances.

I'll vote for pistol since I always have that although if you had a pistol and rifle category I'd pick that.

Comment

Well I found out from an officer here that since an AR is an offensive weapon, it would get me in trouble

so F that, I ain't carrying no AR in my car, pistol will just have to do

And an AR is an offensive weapon, not a defensive weapon. Putting that in your back seat gives me the impression that you're going out looking for trouble, or that you highly expect to be in trouble.

Comment

http://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/mm...ship-Book-Info

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/florida/
                        Last edited by David Hineline; 01-24-2009, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eyildiz View Post
                          Well I found out from an officer here that since an AR is an offensive weapon, it would get me in trouble
                          Let me give you some advice. Stop taking others word for stuff. Read the law.
                          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                          8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                            Let me give you some advice. Stop taking others word for stuff. Read the law.
                            that don't stop me from getting a free ride to county jail

here is what it says

Section 790.25(5), which deals specifically with possession in a private conveyance states that "it is lawful and is not a violation of s. 790.01 for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for self-defense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Nothing herein contained prohibits the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun anywhere in a private conveyance when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use.
                            Last edited by eyildiz; 01-24-2009, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I guess I'm two thirds of a bad***...
                              J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4709 users online. 293 members and 4416 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X