Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK-47/74 rifles from around the world...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jwise,
    Your're changing my mind about owning an AK.
    I think I should while I still can and...
    cool and double bonus!
    Occam's Razor

Comment

I'm glad I'm having an impact.

7.62X39 typically comes in the 122-124gr. range. 7.62X39 is a REAL rifle cartridge, unlike the 5.56 (which is velocity/frag dependent), so it works without needing special bullets.
      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

This seem like a good deal?

http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-b...m=on&ppinc=big

Ak-74 vs AMD-65. What's the best avenue?

Comment

Originally posted by TheNewbie View Post
          This seem like a good deal?

http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-b...m=on&ppinc=big

Ak-74 vs AMD-65. What's the best avenue?

Nothing wrong with that rifle. $650 looks to be a good value for what you're getting. I've seen better, but I've seen a lot worse.

I don't really like the AMD rifles, as they do not personally appeal to me.
          J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Jwise, you mentioned earlier that you didn't think it would be very difficult to change out the handguard retaining plate on the Hungarian AMD 65/63 and I would love to swap it out for a traditional handguard and the same goes for the gas tube. Can you please elaborate on how to go about this and maybe show help me locate some sites that I could acquire what I need? I know you don't have my ugly gun in front of you but any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for sharing I've already learned a ton!

Here's a picture of my collection, not much but I'm only 21 so I'm just getting warmed up.

Comment

I recommend you go to ar15.com, and select the "AK" forum; or go to akfiles.org, and ask your question there. I'm sure someone on one of those two boards has done it personally, and could give you a better step-by-step than I could.

It's not ugly...
              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

How is the 5.45 vs the 7.62?

Can you find HP ammo for the 5.45?

Comment

The 5.45 is more similar to the 5.56, in that the full metal jacket round is designed to do damage all by itself, without need for a "hollow point."

The "good stuff" in 5.45 actually has a hollow core in the tip (though outwardly it appears like a FMJ) that rapidly deforms upon impact, causing the round to destabilize and cause all kinds of nasty wounds.

So, if you're a 5.56 kind of guy, you will like the 5.45. If you would prefer an AR-15 in 6.8, you would prefer an AK in 7.62. Get the idea?
                  J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Boys, you are real gun crazy americans...

How do you like this?

(Pic - Thanks to the original uploader)
                    Before all else, be armed.
                    N. Machiavelli (1469 - 1527)

Comment

That's awesome...
                      J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Jwise, since your the master of all that is guns lol. I am interested in getting an AK-47 now. Any places around DFW have good deals that you know of?
                        Last edited by Spoken; 05-07-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Errrr... AKs are kinda hard to find these days. If I were in the Metroplex, I'd swing by The Armory in Mesquite. They have some die-hard AK fans over there, and they usually have as good of an inventory of AKs as anybody I've ever seen. If you ask REALLY nicely, and show a LOT of interest in AKs, they might bring out some of their personally owned rifles from the back for you to compare/contrast with what they have for sale.
                          J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Anybody ever heard of this AK47..............

AMD65 Hungarian FEG AMD-65 7.62x39 Rifle

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/H...x39_Rifle.html

Comment

I tried to order an AK-74 from Ohio Rapid Fire, but they were out of stock on the one I wanted. Maybe I should get the AMD, hope it is reliable.

Comment

I found a pretty cheap brand new WASR, should I go for it? Whats the difference between a WASR 10 and a WASR 10/63M?
                                Last edited by Spoken; 05-08-2009, 01:43 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14616 users online. 263 members and 14353 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X