Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK-47/74 rifles from around the world...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks jwise!

ETA for new addition is this Friday.
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

A friend has an AK that is short-stroking. It doesn't matter what ammo or mags he is using. Would this be from a gas leak? Is so, what to look for & how to fix? If not, what other possibilities are there?

Thanks in advance.
      sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

The first thing I would recommend would be to disassemble it, and inspect the parts. Check to see if any parts are so corroded with carbon that they can't move freely. Next, check to see if any of the parts are broken. Lastly, clean and oil the dang thing and see if that fixes the problem.
        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Jan 9, 2009 5:42 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

SPRINGFIELD, MO

I feel like a kid waiting for santa. LOLOLOLOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Jan 9, 2009 8:28 AM

Delivered

Springfield, MO

I'll post pics later today.
            sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

AK

My new AK arrived this morning and when I went to pick it up the guys at the shop were drooling and saying things like “That’s the nicest AK I’ve ever seen.”. Made me feel good.

The trigger is fantastic. Better than either of my match triggers.

Very nice feel overall. Raise it up and the sights line up well. Balance is muchbetter than I expected as was the weight.

The was some white oxydation around the gap between the flash hider and the front sight. It came off easy enough with some compressed air and WD-40.

Overall I am very pleased with this rifle so far.

Got home with it and decided to see how easy it would be to take down and take some pics while I was at it.

Here are the pics starting with a fully functioning AK before I began surgery going through the steps jwise described to a disassembled AK

While disassembling, I started thinking maybe the "love taps" jwise referred to are more powerful than most or maybe this one REALLY did require TOUGH LOVE in several steps.

If someone doesn't buy it before Sunday, I'm going to run a few rounds through it and decide whether to keep it or not.
              sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Congratulations, but are you really going to part with such a nice specimen? This IS your only AK, right? I'm all about selling for a profit, but sell out of your EXCESS!

"Love taps" are a very humorous way of saying, "pound the crap out of it!"
                J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

I might keep it for a while.

My theory is, only own what you can carry and let the enemy be your supply line. Sell the rest to arm your friends and fellow countrymen at a reasonable profit.
                  sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

My theory is, have enough to HAND OUT to your friends/family, so you always have SOMEONE to watch your six!

Thus, the safe:

Loaded with rifles and loaded mags...

I figure I can arm one squad with AR-15s, and a second with AKs.
                    Last edited by jwise; 01-10-2009, 01:14 AM.
                    J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
                      My theory is, have enough to HAND OUT to your friends/family, so you always have SOMEONE to watch your six!

Thus, the safe:

Loaded with rifles and loaded mags...

I figure I can arm one squad with AR-15s, and a second with AKs.
                      Both theories are good. Yours does offer a better blanket of protection. Maybe someday I will be in position to arm family & friends too.
                      sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

is there a windage adjustment on the AK? or does that require a 'love tap' as well.
                        sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

The front sight moves left and right. You can buy a front sight adjustment tool for $10, or just tap it with a large punch.
                          J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
                            The front sight moves left and right. You can buy a front sight adjustment tool for $10, or just tap it with a large punch.
                            So it's either I spend $10 or beat the crap out of it some more, eh?

Thanks Houston!
                            sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Went in search of the tool and found this site that still has some AK's in stock.

http://www.jgsales.com/index.php/rif.../cPath/209_214
                              sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

I have a question about the proper grain ammunitions to use for target and personal defense. I'm assuming that an AK barrel also has a twist similar to the AR. Are there some recommendations for what grain to use for target and personal defense? What are the common twists on AK barrels?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16446 users online. 327 members and 16119 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X