Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK-47/74 rifles from around the world...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krinkbusta View Post
    You can add this to the rail options (for Krinks):
    http://www.stormwerkz.com/Descriptio...unt_Views.html
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Lancaster estimates a 2 moa accuracy for thier builds. Not too bad considering you can get one in the mid 600's. You can't get a decent ar for that much and most that are even in the ball park are so shoddy I would not use it for anything but plinking. Lancaster is still estimating only a 30 day wait time for a custom build. I am ordering mine next week I am still on the fence about an ar. I wanted to wait and get a bushmaster acr (magpulls modular design) or a robinson XCR in the .308 version. It will likely be too late by the time the impending ban is in place. I just like the idea of the piston system and am not about to spend the money it takes to put a piston on an ar.

Comment

you done your testing yet jwise?
        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post
          you done your testing yet jwise?
          I'm still in the throws of my first semester law school exams. So, no.

If I get the chance, it will be between Christmas and New Years.
          J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

I edited it a bit, identifying the subjective (opinion) parts more clearly.
            J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

I love my Romy-G with the NDS-3 receiver. But they wont let me patrol with it

Comment

Bump back up.
                Common sense its not a common virtue...

sigpic

"The AR-15, Legos for grown ups."-Jwise

"OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen. "- Blackdog F4i

1042 Trooper is my hero!!!

Comment

Very nice, detailed, quality post, Jwise! Thanks for putting this and other like posts up. It helps aspiring gun enthusiasts (myself ) to take a good solid look at the options, and allow us to expand our knowledge and dig a bit deeper in the right directions before making any purchases .

Comment

So, I'm wondering about some of the cheaper "AKs" I've seen on Atlantic. They have "non-standard" furniture, and I'm wondering if they can be switched out for regular stuff. Are these even AKs, or do they just look like AKs?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/beta...roduct433.aspx
                    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/beta...roduct446.aspx
                    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/beta...roduct691.aspx

I think these are all ugly as sin, but since I planned on doing some changing anyway, one of these may be the way to go with the high prices on everything else. So long as these are actually "AKs."
                    Last edited by toasterlocker; 12-28-2008, 12:57 AM.

Comment

The Lancaster's are modifiable with the standard stamped reciever stock upgrades, and take the various rail systems and such. I really wanted to save the dough and get a Lancaster. Everywhere I went said they were lying about the delivery time and that I would have to order it myself have it sent to the gun shop and then pay the dealer a 25 or 35 fee. Without ever having seen one in person I settled on an Arsenal 107 UR. I dropped a ton on it but I have shot other Asenals and know I won't be disappointed. In any case I talked with the guy in the shop, who pretty much said from experience, Lancaster was a good enough build, but not to expect too much in the accuracy dept. avobe and beyond a normal off the shelf AK. I guess that is why Arsenal is still selling all there stuff after years for there ridiculos prices.

I am pretty happy with my purchase I am a little let down about not being able to use an iron dot, or the krebs dust cover rail on it... But I will probably end up saving my self a ton just buying a side mount set up reflex/optic and have a much better rifle in the end. I can also always get it shortened and have a great SBR. I was just glad I found one, after going to every gun store on this side of the state in the past 2 months looking for something good. I lucked out on my trip home from my christams trip, and just could not say no.

I guess for the short term I will have to hunt down some good Yugo mags and one of the swift levers... a nicer pistol grip would not hurt either.
                      Last edited by NORCOCOP; 12-28-2008, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NORCOCOP View Post
                        The Lancaster's are modifiable...
                        Crap, I was typing faster than I was thinking. I meant to say Atlantic (as in the distributor) not Lancaster, the manufacturer. None of the guns I linked to are Lancaster made.

So, can anyone take a look at the links and let me know?

Comment

Meh, go over to the ME, you can buy a Russian AK, still in the plastic, for $50 US....

“The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

The first thing to do is call or email atlantic and see what they actually have in stock. I am willing to bet they are as bone dry as everyone else. Most of the web dealers are pretty well out just like the local shops...Good luck. I can not look at the links so I have no way to know if they are the easily modifiable ones or not. They can all be modified it just depends on how easily and how much...

Comment

Yeah, I was planning on calling them Monday to see what they actually have. They have a rep for not being very good about updating their site. Thanks guys.

Comment

Don't forget these Hungarian oddballs, the AMD65-

Mine's a TGI build, that I scored from Centerfire Systems, just before things went nuts.

Haven't gotten 'er to range yet, but by all accounts they're supposed to be pretty decent shooters & a good piece, all around. The bore on mine is immaculate (mine's the original Hungarian, but some have aftermarket barrels that aren't chrome lined, tho).

The wonky muzzle brake is to bring the barrel length up to 16". The AMD65 is/was the paratrooper/tanker model & I think the barrel length w/the original blank is in the 14.5" range.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9197 users online. 253 members and 8944 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X