Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK-47/74 rifles from around the world...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so glad I dont have to make decisions on which one to buy. Grab one if it breaks I fix it or trash it and get another. None have ever failed to go bang when needed. Stamped receivers will last you a lifetime, Milled will last you two lifetimes. Just some of the toys and weapons I maintain for my work here in Iraq.

Comment

• Nice!! They sub gun on the right...Russian PPS?

Oh and thank you for your service!
      One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

• Yep PPSH 41 that one is just a toy I came across. Shoots good when I can find tokarov pistol ammo that is worth a damn. Most of it here is from 1940's.

Comment

• Too bad you can't just get some from Fiocchi or S&B!

Comment

• Your not kidding. It is a blast to shoot but you may get a 10 round burst, 5 misfires then a three round burst. Just once would love to run a full drum through it.
            But alas when I leave here will have to be torched will kill my soul to do it but dont want the wrong folks to get ahold of it.

Comment

• Look at Century Arms online. They usually have PPsh there. Find out what they are lacking from the one you got there. I WOULDN'T do anything like make sure the pieces that make it function some how made it back to the US or nothing like that.

Just checked them and no. I know they used to. Hunt online for one and see whats there. I'm sure you can find one.
              Last edited by cclawdog; 03-05-2010, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Oh mechanically it is complete and perfect. Any little parts took from other PPSH's to make it complete. It is all ammo related on misfires good primer strikes just really old ammo.
                First time I fired it was amazed at the rate of fire would hate to face one i the fired.

Comment

• I was referring to a way to save it from turning into scrap

Comment

• I've purchased three 1224-round Tokarev tins now to feed my Zastava m57, and can't remember a single misfire. The 1950s Romanian stuff from Sportsman's Guide comes in a zinc box with pull tab. It was designed to be fired from a Tokarev pistol, and is a fairly light load that may not cycle the PPSH. The green tins sold by Surplus Ammo and Arms, on the other hand, are a much heavier load that splits the brass in my pistol and were designed to be fired from a PPSH. I'm still working on the dregs of my Sportsman's Guide can, else I'd open the SAA can and try to figure out the date and country of origin.
                    **Not a LEO**

Comment

• Roger lawdog got it now was confused, doesnt take much, ammo here for something like that is bought on the the open market at the b***aars by whomever you can get to find it for you.
                      They issue nothing here that fires that round so many PPSH's and Tokarevs were turned in or confiscated.
                      I have others that I can play with that will also have to be destroyed. 1943 Sterling, Original HK G-3 select fire, and my all time favorite my FN/FAL Congo, select fire 7.62, with a 14 inch heavy barrel.
                      But such is life.

Comment

• I WANT THAT STERLING!!! I don't care if it got demilitarized either. Lucas modified Sterlings and MG42s for Stormtrooper use in first Star Wars movies...so I wanna do the same!

Incidentally, Han carried a broom handled 9mm mauser with a scope offset to the right of the frame, and other REAL guns were modified too for the movie.

Comment

• I am new to this forum, but now have three ARs after first getting addicted to JWise's very excellent AR thread about a year ago (I remember a post there that said that you had to own at least three!).. I am now getting the hankering for the AK after making my way through this web.. for AK #1 I was looking at a rifle at atlantic, a russian conversion at the following link.. any thoughts? Thanks in advance..

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct655.aspx
                          Last edited by DamDoc; 05-04-2010, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• First off, I'm glad I could have such an effect on ya!

Second, It's obvious you have good taste, as that Russian rifle is HOT! It may be a little on the high end of the price scale, but it is one sweet rifle.
                            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• In stock and ordered.. thanks for the comments Jwise.. cant wait to get it to the range.... Also, thanks for the other thread i found on field stripping AKs.. good information...

Comment

• so whatever happened to shooting wolf ammo through ak and ar at 100 yards?
                                "I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy." - unknown

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10737 users online. 361 members and 10376 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X