300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty ammo

Interested to see what you guys use for duty ammo. Do any departments use .357 SIG? I really love that round.

We use .40 S&W 180 grain, Federal Hydra-Shoks. Not a bad round, easy to shoot, hardly any recoil. I personally own the same handgun we carry (Sig 229) and I've been thinking about switching the barrel out to use .357 SIG for my off duty conceal carry gun, especially after reading some stories about its ability to penetrate hard targets, yet not over-penetrate soft tissue.

Serving Anne Arundel County since 2005

9mm Luger +P Hallow point.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

165gr. Winchester Ranger, .40 S&W. I am hoping we switch to the newer "bonded" Ranger, or even the "bonded" Remingtom Golden Sabre.

Comment

I'm issued .40S&w 180 gr. Ranger. I own a Glock 32 (357sig) and love the round. I have tested the Speer Gold Dot 125 gr. and Win. Ranger 125 gr. Both rounds left very wide wound channels in wet newspaper and expanded perfectly.

Comment

.357 SIG here. My local gun shop knows right away when someone from my agency comes in, he says we are the only ones who ask for that load. Speer Gold Dot 125 gr. 1350 ft/sec at the muzzle. I love this stuff.

Comment

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol issues SigSauer P226 in .357SIG. Not sure what ammunition they are issuing though. They switched about 3 years ago from SigSauer P220 in 45ACP.
            "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

9mm Winchester Ranger
              45acp Winchester Ranger
              38 special (BUG or off duty only) 110gr hollowpoint
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyB View Post
                165gr. Winchester Ranger, .40 S&W. I am hoping we switch to the newer "bonded" Ranger, or even the "bonded" Remingtom Golden Sabre.
                Getting shot with .40S&W Ranger-T is about as healthy for the guy getting shot as the Bubonic Plague.

Keep with what you have.

Comment

Speer Gold Dot 180 grain in .40S&W, issue weapon is currently the Beretta 96FS, word is we are switching to the Glock 22 next year.
                  -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them"-Felix

Comment

25mm incendiary
                    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyB View Post
                      +1 to both points made.
                      Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

.40 S&W 180gr Federal HST
                        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                          .40 S&W 180gr Federal HST

Comment

Originally posted by Mstangfk View Post
                            25mm incendiary

40mm HE
                            People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3959 users online. 219 members and 3740 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X