300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUG Carry

I have a Kel-tec p11 that i am going to start carrying as a bug. I was just curious how all of you carry your bug's and if you have any recommendations. I was leaning towards an ankle rig, but they don't make a whole lot for that particular gun. Any ideas/suggestions????
    “Fear not the night.

Fear that which walks the night.

And I am that which walks the night.

But only evil need fear me…

and gentle souls sleep safe in their beds…

because I walk the night.”

Originally posted by FutureCop1 View Post
    Any ideas/suggestions????
    Yup. Use the "Search" function.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Im not fond of ankle rigs. I suggest something secured on your vest under your arm or in your weakside pocket.
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Try several different spots.....then try those same spots when you are on your back on the ground and see if you can still get the BUG out for use....

and switch to a revolver.....
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Ankle holsters suck, hard to reach and awkward/heavy during a foot chase. I used a small revolver in my non-gun hand coat/jacket pocket. If you use a revolver, you might consider a bobbed hammer or grind off the spur.
          The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

I carry my S&W .38 J-Frame under my left armpit since I am right handed. It may not be the easiest place to get to in the world, but it is much safer than having it on my ankle. That’s just my two cents. Ask one of the guys who has been doing it for a while.

Comment

does anyone carry their bug on a inside-the-pants holster on their weak side underneath their duty belt?
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Try the COP ANKLE BAND by Galco, or a similar product from another quality holster maker. It's not specific to the model, but the to frame style/size. One for compact Glocks would probably fit your P-11 well. Galco's website doesn't list this holster for the P-11, but does for the PF-9, and from looking at the Keltec website they are very similar in size.

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                does anyone carry their bug on a inside-the-pants holster on their weak side underneath their duty belt?
                This just sounds painful to me, but you never know till you try I guess.
                Last edited by Bighead; 11-27-2008, 06:09 AM.
                "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                  I do, but I'm not happy about it. I've not proven it, but I'm pretty sure it will be stuck there if I'm wrestling on the ground, switching when I figure out a better option.
                  Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureCop1 View Post
                    I have a Kel-tec p11 that i am going to start carrying as a bug. I was just curious how all of you carry your bug's and if you have any recommendations. I was leaning towards an ankle rig, but they don't make a whole lot for that particular gun. Any ideas/suggestions????
                    I wish we could carry bugs.

Comment

I use the Ruger LCP and store it inside a Uncle Mikes IWB holster in my weak side pocket.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2964 users online. 121 members and 2843 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X