300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter PP...help determining its value

Any gun nuts out there who can ID a gun and help me determine its value hit me up. It's a Walther PP 7.65. There is German writing on the slide and the eagle /crown design on the slide and the barrel. I believe it is a WWII era gun and know it's worth something, just don't know what. Thanks.

correction on the title...I know it's Walther...typo =)
    Last edited by Narco; 11-02-2008, 02:22 PM.
    Perseverate In Pugna

As far as the PP 7.65, IIRC it was first produced in 1929ish and prodution ended at the end of the war.

Which should make it quite valuable, as far as how much.. well... probably looking between $600-$1000 depending on the serial number and condition.

Oh, and what's wrong with you? Where are the pics???
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

If it was a Nazi issued piece, there should be a stylized eagle with some numbers under it on the slide and frame - the Waffamt acceptance marks. Many of these were issued to Luftwaffa and Gestapo as sidearms. I could do better with some pictures of the markings and condition of the gun.
      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
      John Stuart Mill

Comment

yes, there is an eagle on the right side of the slide and on the part of the barrel that sits behind the ejection port. no numbers under it, just the letter "N"

ill try to post some pics tomorrow
        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Which one of those?

Last edited by Andy-GER; 11-03-2008, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Don't get overly excited about owning a WWII era Walther PP. Unless you have one with the correct pre-Nazi or Nazi markings. Those are collector’s items, and believe me; they bring in a premium price. In the mid 80, the German police turned in all their Walther PP's for a new 9MM (I believe they went with the H&K, not sure about that). Well many of those Walther's ended up for sale in the American Rod & Gun club stores over there. I picked one up for the grand total of $60.00. I looked at 5 of them and picked one that looked like it was brand new, in the original box, with two mags, one with the original finger extension. The pistol was in 98% condition. This one didn’t even have any holster wear on it. There are many sites on the internet where you can do your research. When in doubt, have a gun smith look it over for signs of tampering. When you’re dealing with collectable, the market is full of bogus guns. At $60.00 I got it for a steal, but it’s certainly not a collector YET. By the way, that 7.65 is a .32ACP if you’re planning on shooting it.

Comment

andy...it's the bottom logo

blackhorse...thanks for the heads up. i'm still tryint to figure this out. i'm clear that it.s .32 caliber...ive never shot it but it had a loaded mag when it was given to me
              Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

A photo would still be perfect, but you could tell more about the german writing on the slide. I think you would like to have it translated
                Maybe it´s the "Waffenfabrik Walther, Ulm/Zella-Mehlis (Thür.)"...and so on. Left side of the slide. The more interesting parts are on the right side.

And you told something about a crown sign? Three crowns within a shield, or something else?

The old (3rd empire) eagle means that the test firing was between 1939 and 1945. So you seem to be right with WWII era.
                Last edited by Andy-GER; 11-03-2008, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Waffenfabrik Walther, Zella-Mehlis (Thür.)
                  Walther's Patent Cal 7,65 m/m
                  Mod PP

below the PP there is another eagle (i think) and WaA359

on the frame behind the trigger there is an eagle (again, i think) and aA359359 (it looks like the 359 was stamped twice and the W on the above was left off)

does that narrow it down?
                  Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Reads like a wartime issue piece. What are the grips on it like? Brown plastic ? Any embossed markings?

The WaA is the Ordnance (Waffampt) acceptance mark.

What percent of the original finish is on the gun?
                    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                    John Stuart Mill

Comment

Sorry for not writing those days, but I ripped the DSL-cable out of the wall. Just don´t ask...

Narco, I can´t say anything about the value of this gun, because I have no idea about the prices in the U.S. Over here in Germany they seem to be much cheaper. Of course.

I agree with Sleuth that it seems to be an WWII-era gun. The 359 is the number of the Waffenamt office in Zella-Mehlis, which fits to the company embossment. The "N" underneath the empire eagle means that this gun survived the normal test firing with nitro ammunition.

And the value obviously depends on the kind of finish. The fewer high polished guns are more valuable than those dull army guns. Shiny edges and a well-worn-appearance seem to increase the value, later blueing or blacking will decrease it.

Have a look at this site, you might find some additional info.

Comment

Hey Narco send the gun to me....yep I should be able to give you a value after about 10-15 years.....Dont worry I will shoot the gun and take care of it for you.
                        sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Andy, thanks, that is a great we site!

I would really like to visit Germany again, and get to some of the WWI & II sites.
                          John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4345 users online. 241 members and 4104 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X