300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .357 Barrel swap for the Glock 23

Anyone done the conversion? I am considering doing it myself...

How much is a replacement barrel, accuracy of the round, recoil, anything else you might want to ad?

Thanks!
    ...Did you call the Boys in Blue or the Man in Tan?

Why do you want to do this? What gen Glock do you have? If a gen 2, what production date?
    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by ManInTan View Post
      Anyone done the conversion? I am considering doing it myself...

How much is a replacement barrel, accuracy of the round, recoil, anything else you might want to ad?

Thanks!
      I have the G32(.357), I love the gun and the round. The only complaint I would have if any, is their is a bit of recoil compared to the 19 and 23. I think round may be better suited in a G31(G22).

Comment

Glockmeister.com has the barrels you seek, but when you replace the barrel (nothing else needs to be changed for the gun to work) be aware your sights may be off.

.40S&W Runs in the 135-180 grain weight range; .357SIG Runs 115-147 grain. Additionaly .40S&W is slower than the .357SIG.

A .40S&W gun's sights may be set incorrectly for such a different weight and velocity bullet.

Reliability, shouldn't be a problem as the mags, ejectors, extractors and even the rear of the brass is identical, but just check the sights.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf View Post
          Why do you want to do this? What gen Glock do you have? If a gen 2, what production date?
          Im not sure of the production date and I believe its Gen 2 (finger thingys on the grip). I have just heard of lot of people who love the .357 over the .40
          ...Did you call the Boys in Blue or the Man in Tan?

Comment

Originally posted by ManInTan View Post
            Im not sure of the production date and I believe its Gen 2 (finger thingys on the grip). I have just heard of lot of people who love the .357 over the .40
            I absolutely love the .357 SIG caliber. This cartridge has worked great for us. However I will say it is a beast in a Glock.
            "Life's goal should not be to show up at your final resting spot in a well rested, well preserved body ready to pass on.... But rather sliding in side ways late for your own passing, tired, beaten down and yelling holy $hit what a ride!!!!!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5429 users online. 281 members and 5148 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X