Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best sling for 870 w/ Knoxx SpecOps Stock?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best sling for 870 w/ Knoxx SpecOps Stock?

Hey guys,
    I'm searching for a sling (I'm thinking 3-point is best, but open to suggestions!) that will work on my rem 870.
    I'm not really sure of my options, especially since I have a Knoxx SpecOps stock that has: 1) A slot through the stock for a web sling and 2) a swivel stud at the toe of the butt. I also have a side sling mount ahead of the fore end before the extension tube. Oh, and there is a side mounted 6-shell holder...if that matters.

Ideas? Options? Recommendations? I need help as I am clueless.

Thanks!

Vickers 2-point.

I would think a 3-point would be a bad deal on a pump gun.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Our dept issues Uncle Mikes 3 Pt tactical slings on all of our pistol grip 870's. I've always really liked mine as it gives you a ton of carry options. And i've never had a problem w/ working the pump action and getting tied up in the sling. You may also consider a single point sling depending on what you'll be using it for.
      Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove anything.

Stay Safe

Comment

My department issues a 3 point sling and for our Rem 870’s. Never had a problem with it and its actually pretty good and comfortable. We even do transition drills to our handguns and I have never had a problem. Sorry don’t know the brand. I do have the Vickers two point sling for my M-4 and I love it. I don’t see why it would be a problem on a shotgun. If you’re looking for a two point I would definitely recommend the Vickers. Hope I was of some help.

Comment

I hate 3 points period, so my vote would be a 2 point, I prefer the Vickers. Next up would be a single point.
          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Well time to dig this one up.

What are the advantages of the 1, 2 or 3 pt?

My use will be those times the shotgun comes from the cruiser's rack to do a felony stop, house search, armed knucklehead call. I would like something that would allow a smooth transition from pistol to shotgun, vice-versa.

Weapon retention is a selling point of course.. if I gotta go on the run with it.

Comment

I will just say that without a doubt for patrol, 2 point is the best. I will also say that there are arguments for a single point as being best for certain members who's assignements are tactical in nature, but I still prefer a 2 point.

I was gonna post a long explanation but it already has been well covered on another site. I am gonna defer this one to Larry Vickers as his explanation is spot on. And who am I to argue with Mr. Vickers? Especially when I have tried just about every single sling set-up and happen to agree with him.

http://www.vickerstactical.com/Tacti...ineSlings.aspx

I will add to Mr. Vickers article, that there is an argument about single point slings and that you can do the old school surgical tubing or bungee set up on the belt as a weapon catch to control the muzzle, or that there are now purpose designed belt mounted muzzle catches. I will say that I have used both the old school surgical tube and the modern catches and usually when you need to control the muzzle for a dynamic situation you are not in a good point in time to try and strap the muzzle in. Things usually happen too fast when it really is important and the weapon just dangles "like a dead cocker spaniel".

My vote, is #2.
              The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4442 users online. 231 members and 4211 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X