300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walther P22

For those who have Walther P22, how would you rate it's accuracy?
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

when i had mine it was pretty good. i also had a can on it and found i was more accurate with the can off though. its not something id play with at 25 yds but 7, 10, 15 its just fine and a great economical pistol

Comment

Pretty accurate for a .22.
      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

P22 Accuracy

Originally posted by zeplin View Post
        For those who have Walther P22, how would you rate it's accuracy?

Once you take it apart you will be amazed that it can hit anything after seeing the barrel.

It functions well, it fits smaller hands well, it silences well.

When they were $250 new, I liked them, I inventory them because they are popular for silencers, but now that they push $350 I do not think they are that good a gun.

I would prefer a rear sight adj. for elevation rather than having to change front sights to elevation sight in the gun.

Comment

According to the info at Buds guns the rear sight is adjustable for both windage and elevation. Could they be wrong?

Also they list the desert camo model as being 4 ounces lighter? How is that? Maybe a typo?
          Last edited by zeplin; 09-23-2008, 05:30 AM.
          sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Originally posted by zeplin View Post
            According to the info at Buds guns the rear sight is adjustable for both windage and elevation. Could they be wrong?

Also they list the desert camo model as being 4 ounces lighter? How is that? Maybe a typo?
            i have a 2006 P22, and it has only windage on the rear sight...maybe they revised the rear sight in newer models

it's a fairly accurate gun, however it's picky about ammo and accuracy/jamming issues came down to ammo choice...i get good results with CCI mini-mag

also, i had jamming issues after installing new mag followers to make the 10rd mags 12rds...even using the revised mags (there was 2-3 different mag revisions over the years because of jamming issues)

but overall it's a great gun for the $ as long as it's fed good ammo and you use the newer factory mags
            Last edited by TheProphet; 09-23-2008, 01:43 PM.
            Si vis pacem, para bellum
            "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud

Comment

My daughter bought one today. $309 + tax. We narrowed it down between the Sig Skeeter and the P22. Price was about the same. Weight difference won out over fully adjustable rear sights.

On the way to BassPro to try it out I began loading the mags and thought, D***!, these ain't the correct mags, freakin' ammo is super loose sloppy in here. Turns out they was the correct mags, but talk about a pain in the butt to load them.

Got to the range and all was going well until we had an interuption. She put her gun on safe until we were allowed to resume firing. Squeezed the trigger and snap. Recocked and snap. Maybe a bad round jacked in another. SNAP. What the heck??? Forgot to take safety off. Took safety off and all was well again. Maybe this is why one should read the manual.

Ran about several 100 rounds through it. No malfunctions other than the one mentioned above. I was expecting a lot after seeing how sloppy the mags were.

Daughter was running some pretty good groups so I bought her a silhouette target. She named it Obama. Funny how the groups tightened up.

Came by the house before she went home and cleaned it. Instructions sucked, I doubt she could have broken it down without a fit. Wish my other pistols broke down as easy.

Overall I think she'll be satisfied with it... if not, I'll get it.
              sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

I like mine. It's not as accurate as a Ruger, but it's pretty neat.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

I have had mine for about a year and I love it. I got the OD green. It is very reliable if you use good ammo. I find myself carrying it off duty in the summertime because it is small, light and easier to conceal than my Glock 27.

Comment

You really find the P22 easier to conceal than your G27?

I have the P22 and my G26. I would never think of replacing the G26 with the P22 for carry. The P22 may be lighter, but that would be the only gain. You loose a buttload of power and don't gain any capacity. If you take a look at the construction you can see it was DEFINITLY not designed to be a fighting pistol. Hope you never draw it and loose the front sight.
                    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5659 users online. 304 members and 5355 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X