300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 holster question

Hi, I just bought a kimber 1911 custom tle/rl II. I am looking for a good holster for it.(not a duty holster) Alot of online holster dealers sell holsters for "Colt 1911" or some just say "colt government".

Is a "colt government" the same thing as a 1911? And do you think it will fit my kimber? Any advice on a good holster for this weapon would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A Colt Government refers to a generic 1911 with a 5" barrel. A full sized 1911.

If your kimber is the same size, yes, it should fit.

Comment

The Colt Government is the commercial name for Colt's Model of 1911. 5" 1911-type copies will fit.

Except your pistol has a rail, so yours won't fit.

You need a holster that is made for a railed 1911. A regular Colt Government holster will not fit. You're going to find that your selection of holsters that fit is limited.

Comment

Others are spot on.

If you are shopping for LEATHER holsters, SOME may be able to be reshaped to fit the railed Kimber.
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
        8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

ok, thanks for the responses everyone. I was looking for a leather holster in particular. I guess I will just have to keep looking for something "rail" specific.

Comment

This company makes what you want. I have one for my Pro TLE/RL II and it's a very well made holster. Here's a link to the holster page:

http://www.brigadegunleather.com/gunholsters.html

Comment

I have no responsibility to wrestle with anyone and do not care about weapon retention, cause why would they think I has a gun.

I really have gotten to like the Galco Yaqui Slide holster.

Comment

One fear I have always had with the "slide" syle is the possibility of bumping the muzzle on something and ejecting the pistol.

Have you ever seen anything like that?
                "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Comp-tac makes holsters for both railed 1911s.

http://www.comp-tac.com/

Or if you want something in leather and perhaps a little more custom this guy does good work and he could handle it, but I believe he has a couple months of backlog right now.

http://www.kelloggcustomleather.com

Comment

The brigadegunleather holster site is exactly what I was looking for. Definately not cheap though. Thanks again.

Comment

Are you going to carry a light on the gun? If not, why did you buy a railed 1911?
                      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by nkpd44 View Post
                        This company makes what you want. I have one for my Pro TLE/RL II and it's a very well made holster. Here's a link to the holster page:

http://www.brigadegunleather.com/gunholsters.html
                        HA! Bullfrog material? That's friggin' hilarious! I've heard of ostrich, shark and alligator, but now bullfrog!

God, I love this country!
                        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                          HA! Bullfrog material? That's friggin' hilarious! I've heard of ostrich, shark and alligator, but now bullfrog!

God, I love this country!
                          obviously for the pimptastic gold plated bling bling pistols!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                            One fear I have always had with the "slide" syle is the possibility of bumping the muzzle on something and ejecting the pistol.

Have you ever seen anything like that?

I suppose it's possible like sitting down in movie theater seats with arm rests the rests could eject the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                              Are you going to carry a light on the gun? If not, why did you buy a railed 1911?

I already have a weapon light for my glock and I like the idea of having the ability to swap it out with my kimber. But as far as carrying a concealed weapon, I think(and I haven't tried it) it would be a little to bulky to carry a light with it.

I also leave the light attached to my gun at night time at home. That way, if the improbable break-in occurs, I won't need to find a flashlight too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3047 users online. 145 members and 2902 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X