• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf
    replied
    Originally posted by mpls finest View Post
    Surf - CALM DOWN, its not that seriuos
    Calm Down? I think I was rather calm. I could have approached your comment in a much different manner. That was the calm approach.

As for not being that serious, there is little more that needs to be serious than choosing the proper firearms when it comes to this business. I suggest you get a bit more serious about it. And yes that is a calm response. If you would like excited, I can do that also.

Leave a comment:

• mpls finest
    replied
    David - there is a local dealer that I can go through or I can go throught the department to buy direct. Also we must have that exact rifle (16in barrel etc. etc. Thanks for the site

Surf - CALM DOWN, its not that seriuos

Jwise- I read that post after I posted andit was very helpful, thanks.... obviously you have a better understanding than myself (like everyone else on here) of this weapon so any thoughts you can give are very much appreciated.

Black - thanks for the site, I will be checking it out in about ten minutes after I log off.

Leave a comment:

• David Hineline
    replied
    You are going to have to spend around $350 more to ride the pony, my dealer cost on that rifle you pictured is around $1050 to give you a reference point as a shopper.

Are you limited to just that model or any Colt, I would rather have the 11.5" barrel with a silencer to keep the overall length around 16" I doubt you will have any 600yd shots in Minneapolis and the short barrel will shoot fine to 300yds.

https://policeguns.com/catalog/produ...a0dqoh9hap4pl1
    Last edited by David Hineline; 09-19-2008, 11:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Blackdog F4i
    replied
    The rifle is not what I would choose, but it's not a bad rifle. Just make sure you function check it and run at least 500-1000 rounds through it. Any "oopses" from Colt should surface by then.

As far as purchasing, do some internet shopping as well as contacting all your local gun dealers. Talk to your department about purchasing direct from Colt.

This joint is usually pretty good on prices from what I have heard. When I was shopping for a LE6921 (factory SBR) they had the best price.

http://www.specializedarmament.com

Leave a comment:

• jwise
    replied
    I also use the Colt LE6920 as the standard by which all are measured. Some measure up, but only FEW surpass it.

Leave a comment:

• Surf
    replied
    Originally posted by mpls finest View Post
    Thanks for the advice about where to start. I bet your right, there probably are much better quality rifles out there unfortunately I'm stuck with that brand of rifle by "POLICY"
    That rifle that you are "stuck with by POLICY" happens to be one of the finest out there and considered by many, myself included, to be the "gold standard" as which to measure other rifles of this type by. There is a reason that everyone likes to say that their rifles are as good as the Colts.

Leave a comment:

• David Hineline
    replied
    Do you have a local dealer you are going to order through, or are you trying to get a direct to dept. sale for issue to you?

Leave a comment:

• mpls finest
    replied
    thanks

Originally posted by Nightshifter View Post
    From past experience you will get a better deal buying from several merchants. Do a froogle search on every item you are looking for. I have yet to se a package that I couldnt find a better deal on buying everything seperate. I also think you can get a rifle of the same or better quality at a better price from another gun company.

Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks for the advice about where to start. I bet your right, there probably are much better quality rifles out there unfortunately I'm stuck with that brand of rifle by "POLICY"

Leave a comment:

• Nightshifter
    replied
    From past experience you will get a better deal buying from several merchants. Do a froogle search on every item you are looking for. I have yet to se a package that I couldnt find a better deal on buying everything seperate. I also think you can get a rifle of the same or better quality at a better price from another gun company.

Just my 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• mpls finest
    started a topic New to the rifle game

New to the rifle game

This is the rifle that I must purchase if I am going to carry one on my department.

http://www.colt.com/law/ar15a3.asp

Anyone have any ideas as to where to get the best deal cause I want to get it all together in one place (optics, lights, single point harnes etc.etc).

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2825 users online. 186 members and 2639 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X