300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the rifle game

This is the rifle that I must purchase if I am going to carry one on my department.

http://www.colt.com/law/ar15a3.asp

Anyone have any ideas as to where to get the best deal cause I want to get it all together in one place (optics, lights, single point harnes etc.etc).
    "There is no pain in death; it only hurts to die."

From past experience you will get a better deal buying from several merchants. Do a froogle search on every item you are looking for. I have yet to se a package that I couldnt find a better deal on buying everything seperate. I also think you can get a rifle of the same or better quality at a better price from another gun company.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Nightshifter View Post
      From past experience you will get a better deal buying from several merchants. Do a froogle search on every item you are looking for. I have yet to se a package that I couldnt find a better deal on buying everything seperate. I also think you can get a rifle of the same or better quality at a better price from another gun company.

Just my 2 cents.
      Thanks for the advice about where to start. I bet your right, there probably are much better quality rifles out there unfortunately I'm stuck with that brand of rifle by "POLICY"

Comment

Do you have a local dealer you are going to order through, or are you trying to get a direct to dept. sale for issue to you?

Comment

Originally posted by mpls finest View Post
          Thanks for the advice about where to start. I bet your right, there probably are much better quality rifles out there unfortunately I'm stuck with that brand of rifle by "POLICY"
          That rifle that you are "stuck with by POLICY" happens to be one of the finest out there and considered by many, myself included, to be the "gold standard" as which to measure other rifles of this type by. There is a reason that everyone likes to say that their rifles are as good as the Colts.
          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

I also use the Colt LE6920 as the standard by which all are measured. Some measure up, but only FEW surpass it.
            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

The rifle is not what I would choose, but it's not a bad rifle. Just make sure you function check it and run at least 500-1000 rounds through it. Any "oopses" from Colt should surface by then.

As far as purchasing, do some internet shopping as well as contacting all your local gun dealers. Talk to your department about purchasing direct from Colt.

This joint is usually pretty good on prices from what I have heard. When I was shopping for a LE6921 (factory SBR) they had the best price.

http://www.specializedarmament.com
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
              8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

You are going to have to spend around $350 more to ride the pony, my dealer cost on that rifle you pictured is around $1050 to give you a reference point as a shopper.

Are you limited to just that model or any Colt, I would rather have the 11.5" barrel with a silencer to keep the overall length around 16" I doubt you will have any 600yd shots in Minneapolis and the short barrel will shoot fine to 300yds.

https://policeguns.com/catalog/produ...a0dqoh9hap4pl1
                Last edited by David Hineline; 09-19-2008, 11:50 PM.

Comment

David - there is a local dealer that I can go through or I can go throught the department to buy direct. Also we must have that exact rifle (16in barrel etc. etc. Thanks for the site

Surf - CALM DOWN, its not that seriuos

Jwise- I read that post after I posted andit was very helpful, thanks.... obviously you have a better understanding than myself (like everyone else on here) of this weapon so any thoughts you can give are very much appreciated.

Black - thanks for the site, I will be checking it out in about ten minutes after I log off.

Comment

Originally posted by mpls finest View Post
                    Surf - CALM DOWN, its not that seriuos
                    Calm Down? I think I was rather calm. I could have approached your comment in a much different manner. That was the calm approach.

As for not being that serious, there is little more that needs to be serious than choosing the proper firearms when it comes to this business. I suggest you get a bit more serious about it. And yes that is a calm response. If you would like excited, I can do that also.
                    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4698 users online. 304 members and 4394 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X