300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XD .45 - 4" or 5"

I am going to buy a XD .45 which will probably eventually make it out on patrol with me at night as my duty gun. I am trying to decide if the 4” or 5” would make a better choice. I believe the Safariland 6365, which is the holster I will be carrying, will accommodate either length so that is not a concern. Am I going to experience a difference in reliability, balance, or anything else between the two?

Overall size, more weight, mostly felt and the end of the muzzle which usually helps with felt recoil, and a longer sight base, which can help with accuracy. I personally have zero issues with a longer, heavier duty gun. Some people complain about a few extra ounces being a PITA to lug around on the belt.
    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

I have the XD 45 tactical (5 inch) Love it shoots well and overall I'm very happy with it. It is not my duty gun though. I normally carry an issue G-22 on duty. I would carry the XD if given a choice though.
      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I also own 2 XD .45ACP.

1 in Service length and grip
        1 in Compact grip Service length

I love shooting either. But my compact is used for concealment duties.

For a duty weapon, I would go with the 5" for the longer sight radius and less recoil and flip,as was stated above.

Have you shot an XD yet? Are you trained with the Glock?
        Quote of the week: "I was going how fast? And that's a school zone?"

Comment

My XD Tactical 5inch 45acp is the bees knees. Unbelievable accuracy. If i wanted an XD for concealed carry though I'd go with the subcompact in 40sw. If it's for duty either one will suffice.
          "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by 10-74 S8 View Post
            Have you shot an XD yet? Are you trained with the Glock?
            i own a glock in every caliber they make (other than .45gap and .380). carried a glock 21 on duty for awhile and a g22 in the academy. now i have been carrying a p220 that i really dont care for. i shot the compact xd9 a few days ago and liked the way it felt in my hand. even better than my glock 19

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
            My XD Tactical 5inch 45acp is the bees knees. Unbelievable accuracy. If i wanted an XD for concealed carry though I'd go with the subcompact in 40sw. If it's for duty either one will suffice.
            unfortunately my current agency does not allow us to carry .40sw.
            Last edited by luckydog; 09-19-2008, 11:05 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5084 users online. 271 members and 4813 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X