300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rotating Magizines

I bought a Glock recently for off duty and wanted to asked a question about the magizine springs. I have 4 mags. Is it advisible to rotate the mags every few months so the springs wont get weak? Thanks

I used to think so too. But a few of the guys on O.com say that the constant spring movement of loading/unloading wear the springs out faster than keeping it loaded all the time. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.
    -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
    -Daniel Silva

Comment

Keeping the spring compressed won't cause the spring to wear out. It's the constant loading and unloading of the magazine that will.

The only issue is if the magazine gets dirty and the round follower (the lil plastic piece) gets stuck.
      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Ditto the above advice. Load 'em and leave 'em. Use different mags for range fun, as they will get loaded/unloaded quite a bit, wearing the springs.

My carry mags are pretty much left loaded at all times.
        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5342 users online. 340 members and 5002 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X