300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 23

Just got my first weapon ... can't wait to go to the range as soon as i can find one close to my location lol..so far all the ones i found on the net are either close (they don't exist anymore) or don't open all week...if you know of one in Westchester county NY please let me know.

Witch ammunition do you guys recommend?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    The C.O song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9xP3strmDw

Sorry, can't help you on the range location, but since this is your first weapon - you didn't say if you're a novice shooter - don't worry about the high priced quality ammo yet. Go get the cheap winchester white box target/range ammo and start putting them down range. It's going to take about 200 to 250 rounds to smooth out that G23 trigger. You may not notice it much if you're not more familiar with guns, but it does smooth out. For carry, I recommend a good bonded bullet like Gold Dot Hollow Points, but for target practice, just use the cheap FMJ.

If you are a novice, you're taking on a big chore if you're going on your own. The 40 caliber isn't a novice round. Hopefully you will get with a qualified instructor to learn the proper way to shoot. If you're experienced already, go have fun. I love shooting my G23, especially now that I've tricked it out.

Comment

Originally posted by PJ06 View Post
      Witch ammunition do you guys recommend?
      For carry, CorBon DPX, Federal Tactical Bonded, Federal HST or Winchester Ranger Talon, Golden Saber, Gold Dot or Black Hills.

Whichever of those you get for the best price, as all are fine.

For the range, Winchester value packs or Remington value packs, or Black Hills reloaded ammo.

Comment

WWB at Walmart is the way to go. $28 bucks for 100 round value packs. Cheapest ive been able to find anywhere, even online.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsstritz View Post
          WWB at Walmart is the way to go. $28 bucks for 100 round value packs. Cheapest ive been able to find anywhere, even online.
          I go to Walmart and get 2 boxes of the blazer brass for less than the 28 dollar 100 round box.

Comment

Thanks everyone...at least now i know what kind of ammunition to look for.
            Blackhorse..it's my first gun ever so thanks for your advice..a friend of mine has a G17 that's about it for me and guns but practice will get me there

Comment

the blazer is ok but i have had issues with feeding from time to time and also some dud rounds. i cant recall EVER having any issues with the WWB and ive prob bought 8k rounds of it in 9mm and .40 since i started shooting a few years ago.

Comment

Thanks everyone...at least now i know what kind of ammunition to look for.
                Blackhorse..it's my first gun ever so thanks for your advice..a friend of mine has a G17 that's about it for me and guns but practice will get me there
                I use Speer gold dots 180grain JHP (.40cal S&W) for self defense. it doesnt get any beter than that for law enforcement in NY that is what we use.
                CARE, CUSTODY AND CONTROL
                FIRM, FAIR AND CONSISTENT

DOING 25 TO LIFE, 8 HOURS @ A TIME

Comment

Theres a few ranges in Westchester, or nearby. There's Olinville Arms in the Bronx, Coyne Park in Yonkers, a couple in Mount Vernon that I forget the names of, and Blue Mountain in Cortland Manor.

Comment

I went to walmart and they only have the winchester ammunition 28 for 100..just for the range

Comment

thats correct. walmart really doesnt carry any defense or tactical loads. but for range ammo they cant be beat with those 100rd WWB boxes

Comment

I went to the range today....i'm in love
                        I went to Olinville...monday's are free....I didn't know...then 10 any day of the week...i regret not buying the WWB at walmart...17 bucks for 50 rds...now i know not to buy there and buy the ammunition before i go hehe

Comment

I went to the range today....i'm in love
                          I went to Olinville...monday's are free....I didn't know...then 10 any day of the week...i regret not buying the WWB at walmart...17 bucks for 50 rds...now i know not to buy there and buy the ammunition before i go hehe
                          You should have told me, we could have went togther I got a 1000 rounds to waste
                          CARE, CUSTODY AND CONTROL
                          FIRM, FAIR AND CONSISTENT

DOING 25 TO LIFE, 8 HOURS @ A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by blackhorse View Post
                            Sorry, can't help you on the range location, but since this is your first weapon - you didn't say if you're a novice shooter - don't worry about the high priced quality ammo yet. Go get the cheap winchester white box target/range ammo and start putting them down range. It's going to take about 200 to 250 rounds to smooth out that G23 trigger. You may not notice it much if you're not more familiar with guns, but it does smooth out. For carry, I recommend a good bonded bullet like Gold Dot Hollow Points, but for target practice, just use the cheap FMJ.

If you are a novice, you're taking on a big chore if you're going on your own. The 40 caliber isn't a novice round. Hopefully you will get with a qualified instructor to learn the proper way to shoot. If you're experienced already, go have fun. I love shooting my G23, especially now that I've tricked it out.
                            Is the Glock 22 (full size) signifigantly easier to shoot than the 23 (compact)?
                            Is the Glock Full Size 9mm (17 I think) much easier than the Glock 22?
                            ...Did you call the Boys in Blue or the Man in Tan?

Comment

Originally posted by ManInTan View Post
                              Is the Glock 22 (full size) signifigantly easier to shoot than the 23 (compact)?
                              Not for me. My 23 is actually easier than my 22. There's a tad more muzzle flip with the 23, but I added a stainless steel rod and they're about the same now. Of course, the 23 fits my hand PERFECT, whereas the 22 is just a little big (not uncomfortable, just noticeable).
                              “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4577 users online. 302 members and 4275 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X