300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWB holster for sig 239

I am looking for an off duty IWB holster for my sig 239. Several off the ones I have looked at seem to sit too high. Help me out with recommendations.

Originally posted by bulldogto View Post
    I am looking for an off duty IWB holster for my sig 239. Several off the ones I have looked at seem to sit too high. Help me out with recommendations.
    All I can say is keep us informed if you find one. I love the 239, but my biggest complaint is lack of leather available for it. I have a Don Hume SOB holster for mine, but it rides on the outside of the pants.
    "My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Comment

the galco ultra deep cover holster looks like it might ride fairly low. I'll keep everyone posted on what I decide.

Comment

hammer bite

A good inexpensive durable IWB Holster that I have for my off duty carry is the Desantis Prostealth. They also make one called the "tuck". I have three and they pretty much allow me to carry all types for firearms off duty from fullsize M&P to blocky subcompact Glock to Commander size 1911's and Officer 1911's. I use the Jframe one to carry my airweight and a sp101 357magnum. I have a Sig P220 and P239 and atleast for me both are uncomfortable to carry due to the back curve of the hammers being "very" sharp against my body, especially when I sit in a car they both dig into my body and actually hurt. The DAK model probably would work better in a IWB for me, but thats just me.
        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

the sig 239 is definately not my first choice for an off duty gun, but my departement says I have to carry a sig.

Comment

crossbreed supertuck. i have one for my full size 220, i'm 5'9" and 175 lbs, and no one can see it under a t shirt.

Comment

Try this http://estore.websitepros.com/1565531/Detail.bok?no=252
              I purchased a Dual Carry from DM Bullard a couple months ago and am more than happy with it. Look at his entire line of holsters if you don't like the dual carry, he has other IWB styles. Additionally, when I ordered mine, it was in stock and in my hands within two days of ordering it.

Comment

desantis makes a good one its a dual carry for the p239 it rides pretty low

Comment

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...274cd13370c98c

Comment

anybody try the desantis "cozy"? does it sit low? I also like the looks of the desantis "insider". It looks like it sits low.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldogto View Post
                      the sig 239 is definately not my first choice for an off duty gun, but my departement says I have to carry a sig.
                      Have you looked at the 239? Slightly smaller in length and height, but much thinner and available as DA/SA or DAK, and in 9mm or .40. Unfortunately the slim profile means single-stack magazines.
                      -Mike
                      The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Guys, I keep putting up info on a guy that does custom leather. The last holster I got was for a Colt and cost under $50. He makes anything you want for a reasonable price. Good products too, it's not like you will get junk. I have several holster that are 5 years or better and still look brand new.

www.coveredgun.com
                        His name is Michael Nestor. Give him a try and see if he can help.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeUD View Post
                          Have you looked at the 239? Slightly smaller in length and height, but much thinner and available as DA/SA or DAK, and in 9mm or .40. Unfortunately the slim profile means single-stack magazines.

I own a 239. It is smaller than my duty gun (220), but I was able to carry a glock 26 at my old department and really liked it. The 239 is just a little bigger.

Comment

Guys, I keep putting up info on a guy that does custom leather. The last holster I got was for a Colt and cost under $50. He makes anything you want for a reasonable price. Good products too, it's not like you will get junk. I have several holster that are 5 years or better and still look brand new.

www.coveredgun.com
                            His name is Michael Nestor. Give him a try and see if he can help.
                            I guess if I lived in Colorado I'd probably commission him to do some leather work for me. I reviewed his web site and he definately does nice work, but that ain't no way I'm going to go through the hassle of sending my firearm to him to have custom made work done. I don't know many who are willing to do so when you can certainly find holsters made for a particular gun without having to go through sending yours out.

Comment

He has most guns or models so you do not need to send him a weapon. I would contact him and see what he can do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4840 users online. 296 members and 4544 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X