300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holster For A Glock 21SF

So heres the deal I bought a Glock Model 21SF with a Picatinny and I already have standard hooded Safariland holster, and I also carry what I call my little zippo pouch for my TRL-1. This system is not working at all, there is way to many things going on when I need the light to take time to put the light on or even worse when the light has to come off to holster the weapon, I kinda wish i could just yell time-out for about ten seconds. Has any one heard of any holster yet for this weapon set up or any comments on what to do. I called Safariland they said they might have something by the end of the year . I carried the same model 22 for twelve years with no issues before I bought the 21SF , im very tempted to sell the 21SF and buy a new 22 or 23 or a P226 with a rail. O buy the way any choices I make I get to flip the bill for all of it.
    "Tis the set of the sail that decides the goal,not the storms of life".-Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Well, you can throw on your TRL-1 (same exact setup that I have with the 21SF) and use the Safariland 6280 holster. Level II+. I would like something a little better, but for $99.00 you can't go wrong.
    Last edited by MNCopper; 09-11-2008, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I am running a Safariland ALS (#6360) for my G21 with M3 attached. I believe it will fit your SF and TLR-1.

It's a great holster and the fact that you can holster up and go hands on without fumbling for the light is a great bonus.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
      8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

As a side note: and after a msg from cortez - it must be noted - I have the standard rail - where you have the uber cool ninja rail - so you may want to check.

Comment

Hey Blackdog F4i is your glock a 21 or a 21sf and does it have the picatinny rail or standard glock rail.
          "Tis the set of the sail that decides the goal,not the storms of life".-Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Comment

I have the G21sf/standard rails with the TLR1 in the Safariland 6360 ALS holster and I love it.

Comment

My 21 is a standard with Glock rails....however since the rail is covered by the light and the light will work on picatinny rails, I am 99.9% sure it dosent make a difference. As long as the TRL-1 fits in the holster you are good to go.
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

I have the G21SF with Picatinny rails and so do a couple fellow deputies I work with. I don't use the light, but one does and it fits in the 6360 with no problems.

Comment

Does the 6360 hood get caught in the car alot? Thinking of switching to it....

Comment

Traded my 6280 for the 6360. 10x better.

You can buy the addons for the 6280 to make it the 6360 - but the steps of pushing and flipping are then reversed.
                    Just easier to get the 6360.

Also, the nice thing about the 6360 unlike the 6280 - you can take your light off and still use the holster.

Comment

Originally posted by MNCopper View Post
                      Does the 6360 hood get caught in the car alot? Thinking of switching to it....
                      Never had an issue.

Some of our guys removed the hood because they claimed it messed up their draw stroke. This CAN cause seatbelts to disengage the hoop.

I left mine on and never had a problem. It didn't bother my draw at all.

I love the fact that I can remove the light and run the gun slick. IDPA dosent allow weaponlights for regular competition. This allows me to still shoot my duty rig without the light.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5954 users online. 336 members and 5618 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X