300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotgun Sights

Hey folks, looking at getting a shotty for home defense. Looking at a Mossy 590.

What type of sights are you all using?

I know I want ghost rings, but not sure which brand I should look at.

Thanks.
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

I have the Stock Mossberg Ghostrings like them alot. I wouldn't mind finding a front post nightsight though.

http://www.mossberg.com/cgi-bin/comm...ategory%3DSIGH
    Last edited by Monkeybomb; 09-10-2008, 11:07 PM.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I use MMC. LPA and Scattergun Tech also come with high regards.

Tritium front is necessary. Don't worry about tritium rear. They just mess up the sight picture.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
      8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Like Monkeybomb said, the stock ghost rings work very well for me as well.
        Intolerant of ignorance, acting, and BS!!

Comment

Anyone know if its possible to get ghost rings on a 535 with a vent rib?
          Shut up and color.

Comment

Shotgun..with sights...? I thought shot guns had a 2-4 foot spread (depending shells) and they were pretty much a point and BOOM weapon? Am I uneducated and ignorant....Please.. Inform me
            "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group
            for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." --Drew Carey

Comment

That was "almost" funny.

Too bad too many people believe it.
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
              8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Waaaat I was serious.. Really I was.. Why sights on a shotgun?

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Ahhh, and I would assume that many of the shotgun makers DON'T put sights onto their weapons and thus the need for aftermarket sights..???

Comment

I have stock Ghost rings on my Moss 590. I like them a lot! I would like to swap the front sight out for a tritium unit though. Keep us up to date!
                      Common sense its not a common virtue...

sigpic

"The AR-15, Legos for grown ups."-Jwise

"OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen. "- Blackdog F4i

1042 Trooper is my hero!!!

Comment

On vent rib shotguns you can do a receiver mounted rear sight and the correct heigth front sight, bead, fiber-optic, big dot what ever works for you.
                        I install everything out there, from drilled and taped receiver sights to soldered on set ups.
                        Simpler the better, there are a bunch of ones out there. Brownell's and Midway are a good place to look for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinga View Post
                          Ahhh, and I would assume that many of the shotgun makers DON'T put sights onto their weapons and thus the need for aftermarket sights..???
                          Most manufacturers do put some sort of sight system on their shotguns.

I'm just looking for BETTER aftermarket stuff.

Same thing as looking for nightsights for your duty pistol.
                          “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
                            I have the Stock Mossberg Ghostrings like them alot. I wouldn't mind finding a front post nightsight though.

http://www.mossberg.com/cgi-bin/comm...ategory%3DSIGH

same here...i put a small dab of tritium looking paint stuff on the front..haven't shot at night but it looks nice lol..
                            Last edited by Mstangfk; 09-11-2008, 11:24 PM.
                            In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Originally posted by Tinga View Post
                              Shotgun..with sights...? I thought shot guns had a 2-4 foot spread (depending shells) and they were pretty much a point and BOOM weapon? Am I uneducated and ignorant....Please.. Inform me
                              ever heard of slugs?
                              In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5880 users online. 345 members and 5535 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X