300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Best Off-Duty Carry

What's your favorite off-duty carry? Please name only one (1) gun and give your reasons why!

I carry my old departmental issue Beretta 92F. It's an Italian made model, and the finish is more durable than my current 96F. Also, I don't have to worry about how the weapon I'm carrying works; they are both the same.

------------------
    Jim

Comment

Glock 27 .40 cal. The "baby Glock" is compact, lightweight and the .40 is a kick ***** round! Easy to control and conceal.

------------------
      evil only triumphs when good men turn their heads and look away
      evil only triumphs when good men turn their heads and look away

Comment

Glock 30. 45acp, compact, durable and it's a Glock

Hoppy

------------------
        Hoptoe the Bunny Slayer.
        Hippity, Hoppity, justice is on its way.
        I am not subtle, I am not pretty and I **** people off, but I get the job done.
        Capt. Matthew Gideon

Comment

I carry my duty SIG 226. It's the weapon with which I've practiced the most, both off duty and on record. If I drop some nogoodnik with it off duty and it ends up sitting in the evidence room for months or years, the job will issue me another one.

I'm big enough to conceal the 226 under the clothing I usually wear. If I couldn't conceal the duty weapon, I'd probably opt for the 239 which has the same operating system. The 226 is also a high quality weapon; if the job issued junk, I'd carry another weapon while off-duty, preferably one with the same or a simpler manual of arms as my duty gun.

My decision to carry the 226 is not a matter of economy. I won several other handguns. As a firearms instructor, I could authorize myself to carry almost any weapon I could qualify with. Be safe.

[This message has been edited by John from Maryland (edited 02-05-2001).]
          John from Maryland

Comment

I personally carry a Glock 22. I like it because its the perfect size for me, I tend to prefer the .40cal, and I'm a sucker for glocks.

Comment

Off duty weapon S&W Shorty 40 Mk. 3. Lighter than duty weapon- S&W 4006. Uses same 155 grain ammo as duty weapon and all the control are the same.

------------------
              Joe Picariello
              Princeton (MA) PD
              MLEFI&AA manual editor
              Joe Picariello
              Princeton (MA) PD
              MLEFI&AA manual editor

Comment

I'll jump on the Glock 36 bandwagon. Just recently bought min, have already shot 300 round through it with no problems. I also like the Kahr P9 for those time when less is more, am looking forward to the P40 when it comes out...Stay Safe

Comment

Off duty I try to carry my SW 908. Much smaller and lighter than the duty weapon(SW5906) with same controls. Must carry the same ammo. Winchester SXT.
                  In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

I carry a Glock 23 loaded with fourteen rounds of CorBon 165-grain JHP's--they're hot stuff.

Comment

Comment

Favorite carry gun on OR off duty: Glock 23

Reasons:

1. Big enough to carry 13+1 180 gr. Hydrashoks, small enough to conceal.

2. Dept. issued, documented qualification, no big deal if it ends up in the evidence locker after a shooting (a point I've often made, like John from MD)

3. Its a Glock

4. Its a Glock

5. Its a Glock

G.A.

------------------
                        No cops, know anarchy.
                        No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista

Comment

5906 on.....Makarov off!!
                          COUNTY JAIL.....
                          THE ORIGINAL BED & BREAKFAST

Comment

Sig 239 9mm. I am accurate with it and it is a great gun to shoot - best I have ever owned or shot!!!!

Comment

Maybe Im just weird but I carry a Walther ppk off-duty. Mainly because I just like walthers for no particular reason, but also because its slim, and fits very well in an inside the pants holster. During the summer I can slip it into the loose pockets of my cargo shorts and its pretty much invisible. I've shot it a fair amount and had no problems. It's pretty accurate and it operates the same as my beretta cougar, flip safety/de-cocker and squeeze.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9059 users online. 419 members and 8640 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X