300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winchester Ranger Ammo No More?????

i went to go by some at the academy the other day and was told they aren't making it anymore. Is this just because I live in the Communist State of California or is it a nationwide deal?
    "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

They just came out with new & improved Ranger Talon Bonded handgun ammo about 2 years ago.

It may be that you can't FIND Ranger Talon because, old and new, the ammo is being sucked up by buyers left, right & center, but they haven't stopped making it.

What are you looking for, rifle, shotgun or pistol ammo?

Comment

its our only duty approved ammo for 9mm and 40 cal...so we are kinda SOL until the department approves some new stuff. I just talked to my buddy at training and he said that stopped making the stuff...so now I am on a quest to buy some : )
      "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

Comment

I can hook you up with a box of 147 grain Ranger Talon.

Are you willing to trade your soul for it...

OK, OK...

Fine. Keep your soul. I'll bargain for another one.

Here:

http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/s...pig27&pg=26854

He has 147 & 124 grain +p bonded in stock.

.40S&W as well.

Convince your people to approve more than just one ammo, otherwise you just might end up taking me up on that offer in a few months.

Comment

You have to buy your own handgun duty ammo?

Wow.

I have to replace mine if I shoot it up between quarterly quals, but I solve that by shooting WWB and keeping the expensive stuff for badguys and qualification.

If your buddy in "training" has questions, have him call your rep at Winchester. I am sure they will let you know.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
          8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Here's another source that has some calibers in stock. Most of what he has available now is the new bonded stuff.
            http://www.mahsupplies.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
              You have to buy your own handgun duty ammo?
              Wow.

I have to replace mine if I shoot it up between quarterly quals, but I solve that by shooting WWB and keeping the expensive stuff for badguys and qualification.

If your buddy in "training" has questions, have him call your rep at Winchester. I am sure they will let you know.
              They will issue you 46 rounds a year of brand new duty ammo.....if you want to carry anything above that, you are paying out of your own $$$$$ for it....same with shotgun ammo (4 rounds issued).......

BigCity....I am pretty sure we use the same duty round....I havent heard anything about there being any shortages of it.....yet.....
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

That's funny, I just noticed that the link Mitchell_in_CT posted leads to the same online retailer as the one I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                  They will issue you 46 rounds a year of brand new duty ammo.....if you want to carry anything above that, you are paying out of your own $$$$$ for it.....
                  Oh come on, can't they just round it up and at least give you a full box of 50!

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
                    Oh come on, can't they just round it up and at least give you a full box of 50!
                    you would think so..........but, they are looking to save $$$$$ at any chance........it ends up saving around 40K rounds a year I guess.....
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I know we have pallets of the stuff in both 9mm and 45. The 45 ammo just changed from Ranger SXT +P to Ranger "T" series, which is supposed to expand more consistantly. I have not heard anything about Winchester discontinuing the Ranger series.
                      There are no extraordinary men... just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.
                      William Halsey

Comment

So are you only qualifying once a year? Or are you not qualing with duty ammo?

The way we work it is the deparment issued 49 rounds (13 x3 +1) for the G21. When we qualify we shoot THAT ammo that we carried to that point. We are then issued NEW ammo for duty. This allows us to keep fresh ammo in the gun and to make sure they are properly functioning with our duty load.
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

How difficult is it to get another ammo approved onto your carry list?

Comment

Jeez guys. I really feel sorry for you. We are handed 100rds every trip to the range. You can stop by on your way to work and again on your way home to pick up ammo. Basically you are handed ammo and told to "Go forth and shoot many many targets my son." Then if you say, "But Father, I need to practice with my of duty also." They give you more ammo.

We may not shoot many people, buy we dang sure hit the ones we need to shoot.

Comment

And that is the way it should be.

Unfortunately at my department it's not. They looked at me sideways when I told them I needed more than one magazine worth of duty ammo for my rifle.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6229 users online. 328 members and 5901 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X