300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another BUG question.

Okay so I need a little help on what BUG I should carry. I cannot make a decision for the life of me .

I will be on the road in a few weeks and I need to make a decision asap.

My duty weapon is a Glock 21sf, and I own a G26 for off-duty.

I can't decide if I should keep the G26 as my BUG and off-duty weapon or if I should get rid of it and get the G30 sf. That way I can use the magazines from the 21 in the 30.

The only problem is i'm afraid the 30 is gonna be a little hard to conceal on and off duty, and the fact the there aren't many holsters out there for the 30 either.

I was also considering getting a S&W model 640 revolver (I would like the airweight but my department doesn't allow aluminum frame revolvers).

I could also carry the revolver as a BUG and keep the G30 in my bail out bag as another option.

Any advice is appreciated.

Use the G26.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

#1 Keep the Glock 26. Ammo is cheaper and people who sell Glock 9mm's usually end up buying another down the road. Even if you aren't using it right now, just put it in storage. You will be back to it.

#2 Get the G30SF. You know you want to. Temptation is calling. Answer the wench.

#3 Concealment holster for the Glock 30/30SF here: http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html
      &
      http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=61 (I have an early version of this one for a Glock 19)

Comment

I carry a J frame S&W 38 special, The reason I carry this as my BUG is because when or if you get into a gun fight and you need that BUG, a revolver will not jam. It will turn five times. An if you need your BUG gun that bad,you don't need to worry about it jamming. I'm a firearm instructor and I advise everyone to carry a revolver for just that reason. Plus, they are a very nice weapon!

Comment

You may want to rethink that "it won't jam" thing. It's happened more times that you would like to hear about and has cost officers their lives because they "thought" a revolver couldn't jam.

Since you are a firearms instructor I would HIGHLY suggest you try this experiment.

The next time you have an animal that needs to or has just been destroyed. Take the carcass to a permissible area, place a layer of clothing over it and fire a couple contact shots from your revolver into it. See how much meat you will need to remove from the barrel and cylinder.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

If anyone who carries the G30 as a back-up can send me a pm on how they carry it I would really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
              The next time you have an animal that needs to or has just been destroyed. Take the carcass to a permissible area, place a layer of clothing over it and fire a couple contact shots from your revolver into it. See how much meat you will need to remove from the barrel and cylinder.

Do semi-autos have some warp field that prevents avulsed flesh from coming back on it?

Anything can jam (well, maybe not a hammer) but a revolver is many times less likely to jam.

Comment

Originally posted by jDmImagE View Post
                I was also considering getting a S&W model 640 revolver (I would like the airweight but my department doesn't allow aluminum frame revolvers).
                So get a scandium or titanium framed revolver. It is NOT aluminum. Of course they are REALLY expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by fdkay View Post
                  So get a scandium or titanium framed revolver. It is NOT aluminum. Of course they are REALLY expensive.
                  The "scandium framed" revolvers are aluminum alloy with scandium.
                  The DA/SA handgun: A NAZI solution to a problem that didn't exist!

Comment

Originally posted by GGG View Post
                    Do semi-autos have some warp field that prevents avulsed flesh from coming back on it?
                    No, and that was NOT a point I was trying to make. I was simply suggesting that a trainer may want to get his facts straight before passing them on. It could be mildly embarassing when one of your students dies because of bad advice.

Anything can jam and probably will at the worst time. Belive it and have a plan to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                      Anything can jam and probably will at the worst time. Belive it and have a plan to deal with it.

Agreed.

Comment

So if anyone cares I ended up just qualifying with my G26 ....we'll see how that work for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell_in_CT View Post

#3 Concealment holster for the Glock 30/30SF here: http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html

Hard to go wrong with the Crossbreed. So comfortable I forget it's there. In fact I have taken a nap or two laying on my carry side. No discomfort whatsoever.
                          sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Originally posted by jDmImagE View Post
                            So if anyone cares I ended up just qualifying with my G26 ....we'll see how that work for now.
                            Good choice. I like buying guns about as much as anybody, but I think using what you've got is good advice.

I carried a G26 as a BUG for a time. I later went to the G30 as a BUG/OD to complement my G21.

I carry my G30 in a Bladetech IWB holster.
                            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2807 users online. 130 members and 2677 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X