300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does S&W stand for

I am in the market for my first gun and I keep seeing S&W all over the place. What does that mean?

I am looking at A Beretta 8040 Mini Cougar .40 cal S&W

thanks

smith & wesson
    -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
    -Daniel Silva

Comment

I knew it had to be something simple like that, thanks

Comment

Smith and Wesson.

*** Sorry, late post***
        "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly. -Teddy Roosevelt"

Comment

I smell bacon!
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Wow.......

Comment

Sub-standard Weapon. This is in regards to their pistol line.
              The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Short & Weak

(HIYO)
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Soup and Waffles.

Comment

Silly & Whimsical?
                    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Smith & Wesson? ppffftttt. I don't know why this discussion is ongoing, because Taylor was right on with soup & waffles. S&W has always stood for soup and waffles until some guys who apparently made decent guns and ammo hijacked the acronym.
                      Actually, I think it was the Soup&Waffle Co. that came up with the S&W .40 cartridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Drum Roast View Post
                        Smith & Wesson? ppffftttt. I don't know why this discussion is ongoing, because Taylor was right on with soup & waffles. S&W has always stood for soup and waffles until some guys who apparently made decent guns and ammo hijacked the acronym.
                        Actually, I think it was the Soup&Waffle Co. that came up with the S&W .40 cartridge.
                        S&W or Soup & Waffles, was originally owned by Waffle House or W&H until their CEO got his panties in a bunch because they couldn't stand, soup waffles AND a house. It's a really confusing story.

Comment

Originally posted by Drum Roast View Post
                          Incorrect, the company came out with 10mm beef stew and found it to be too hot for some people to handle. Thus, the Soup&Waffle replaced it as a more manageable meal.
                          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Soup & Waffle was later bought out by The Municipal House of Pancakes.
                            There are no extraordinary men... just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.
                            William Halsey

Comment

Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                              Incorrect, the company came out with 10mm beef stew and found it to be too hot for some people to handle. Thus, the Soup&Waffle replaced it as a more manageable meal.
                              Speaking of the 10mm beef stew, have you heard about the 45mm chicken salad? I hear it's lethal!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5913 users online. 346 members and 5567 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X