300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gun. CZ, SIG, M&P?

Apparently I can not be content with whatever gun I have, so once again I am in the market for a new one. In the last year I have went from a Glock 17 to a Sig P250, to a Glock 21. Now my department, unfortunately, issues the Springfield XDM .40.

So now that I have sold my Glock 21 I am in the market for a new gun that would basically be a duty gun if I could carry it. I like the Sig P226 SCT and the Sig P229 SCT, but at $1,100 it is hard for me to stomach. The Sig p228 and the Sig Sp2022 also have my eye and seem to be a bit cheaper.

The CZ P-01 looks like a great gun, and it fits like a champ in my hands. The only issue is CZ is not as popular for law enforcement around my area, and accessories may be hard to find.

I have yet to shoot the M&P, but it does feel good in my hands.

I like Glocks, but the grip angle is just more than my little hands can take. As for the XDM, I would rather carry any of the above listed guns. A lot of people like the XDM and that’s great, but it was not made for me.

i have a sig p229 equinox and i absolutely love it. my dad has a p226 and has had nothing but good things to say about it(it is a sig after all). and i belileve they are offering a rebate right now. not to mention the possibility of a LE discount.

as far as the CZ and M&P i have no experience with the weapons.

Comment

I have a Witness .40 (CZ75 Clone) I really like it, but you have two choices, lower the hammer manually on a live round or carry it cocked and locked.
      My duty weapon is an M&P .40.
      I like it a lot. The interchangeable backstraps make for a better fit for most people.
      I would be happy with either.

Comment

Can't go wrong with a sig. But the CZ's are cool too, hoping to pick one up in the near future.

Comment

Sometimes I get the feeling that CZs are completely underrated, and I personally think the P-01/SP-01 is one of the sexiest firearms on the market. That's just me.
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Fdkay,

The CZ model mentioned by the OP can be purchased with a de-cocker.
            Forti Fors Bona

Comment

The only reason I would even consider the CZ is because you can get it with a decocker instead of a safety. The Czech National Police will be going to the P-01 sometime in the future. I like SCT versions of the Sigs because of the in creased capacity.

Comment

Go Sig. Give them a call and see if they will offer LEO pricing they are usually very easy to work with. CZ's are fine guns, but their holster selection is more limited than the others mentioned. Lastly I would pick the S&W M&P just because I don't care for the trigger on them at all.
                People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

Actually the P01 can be decocked. No safety. I carry the P01 off duty until I qualify with G30SF. The P06 is the .40 version of the P01 - may want to check it out as well.

If there were more options, holsters, equipment options, etc for the CZ it would be my duty weapon. I think the CZ is very under rated - everyone I have shoot it at the range is amazed at the accuracy, balance, and ease to shoot.

Comment

Sig has a LEO program and most guns start at about $650.00
                    Sometimes there's justice! Sometimes there is just US!

Comment

Just today I saw a LE sales program through budsgunshop.com that has the M&P listed at $399.
                      www.BudsPoliceSupply.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3118 users online. 142 members and 2976 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X