300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Duty Weapon & Concealed

What does everyone recommend for an off duty, concealed firearm?

I have a Glock 17 that i used in training, i like the ease of use of a glock and the ease of cleaning, but that thing is to big to conceal well.

Some ideas if you please, and maybe even what kind of holster you conceal with. Thanks
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have……Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by shane0422 View Post

I have a Glock 17 that i used in training, i like the ease of use of a glock and the ease of cleaning, but that thing is to big to conceal well.

Some ideas if you please, and maybe even what kind of holster you conceal with. Thanks
    If you like the ease of use on a GLOCK and its features and solid reliability, then you should just spring for a GLOCK 19. It's pretty much a sized down GLOCK 17. Same caliber, same mechanics, same everything, just smaller.

EDIT: They will also be just as cheap as a GLOCK usually is too.
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

If you want to go smaller than a 19 look at the 26. I am issued a 17 for duty use, and carry a a 26 od.

Comment

If you want something "easy", go for a revolver.

I don't think weapons need to be "easy". I believe one should train, train, and train some more to become proficient with their weapon; whether or not it is "easy". Work at it until it becomes second nature; thereby "easy".

I think 1911s are "easy". I've carried them for fifteen years.
        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Carry the Glock 17 in a Comp-TAC C-TAC tuckable holster or a Milt Sparks Versa Max and save the money you would spend on another gun.

If you REALLY want another gun, Glock 19 in a Comp-TAC C-TAC tuckable holster or a Milt Sparks Versa Max.

Comment

Milt Sparks takes 6+ months to get in, even if you are able to pop in an order with their quota system. If you're looking for some high quality leather, TT Gunleather IWB is a copy of the VM-II. That or look into Mitch Rosen's leather, it is supposedly very high quality and only takes 2-4 months to complete the order.
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

While I have no love for glocks, I concur that you should get a compact version of your duty gun.

Comment

Another great option for a conceal holster is the Crossbreed Supertuck. Many people praise its comfort. Current delivery time is listed at 2 weeks.
                http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                  Milt Sparks takes 6+ months to get in, even if you are able to pop in an order with their quota system. If you're looking for some high quality leather, TT Gunleather IWB is a copy of the VM-II. That or look into Mitch Rosen's leather, it is supposedly very high quality and only takes 2-4 months to complete the order.
                  +1 on TT Gunleather, but there are some differences between their IWB holster and the Spark's Versimax. I wouldn't call it a copy, but the design is similar. You can find them here: http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/c1_p1.html

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I have a Rosen ARG in mahogany leather.

Nice holster, but the C-TAC hides the gun better.

Comment

I carry the baby companion to my G21, i.e. the G30 in a tuckable iwb holster. If you want to avoid the wait, and pay half price for a holster that is every bit as well made as any out there, check out this place.
                      http://dmbullardleather.com/
                      Not only has this holster maker been in business for over 18 years, he probably has your holster available to ship. No waiting. I purchased the "Dual Carry" and the Kydex Clips for tucking, and am more than happy with my purchase. I found him by browsing and shot off an email asking if he had one in stock for the G30. He responded within a couple hours. I asked him to send me an invoice, he did, I payed via paypal, holster was in my hands in two days. I was so impressed with the holster and the comfort of it that I went back and purchased the iwb magazine holder for my G30 also. Same level of customer service. It was in my hands within three days. I ordered it on a Friday afternoon, and Tuesday morning it was delivered.

Comment

G26 in Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster. Its fast easy and comfortable to carry all day long. I wear t shirts and shorts.
                        People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell_in_CT View Post
                          Carry the Glock 17 in a Comp-TAC C-TAC tuckable holster or a Milt Sparks Versa Max and save the money you would spend on another gun.

If you REALLY want another gun, Glock 19 in a Comp-TAC C-TAC tuckable holster or a Milt Sparks Versa Max.
                          I concur with the C-TAC. I have one for my P225 and the thing just disappears. It's very nice for a kydex holster. The Glock 19 is probably the best all-around choice but the 17 can be concealed with a good holster and proper attire. The 26 is great for concealment (and the accuracy isn't much different from the 19 or 17), but it does take some practice to get used to the shorter grip and sight radius.

Comment

I would like to throw in a recommendation for Raven Concealment holsters. Very thin and concealable. I can IWB carry a Sig 226 + light on my skinny 5'07" 50lb body comfortably and discreetly. There is a huge thread on them on the 10-8 forum. Raven is also reportedly thinner than Comp-tac, although I do not own both.

Comment

Originally posted by shane0422 View Post

Wouldnt it make sense to use the smaller version of what you carry on duty? I am going to be carrying the 21 on duty so I got the 30 for BUG and CCW. The mags are interchangeable so if you ever have to use your BUG then you dont have to carry different mags.

Just my 2 cents (Only worth 1 with the exchange rate LoL)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4326 users online. 218 members and 4108 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X