300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4

what kind of M-4 do you own and is there a big difference between the manufactures. Thanks
    Last edited by shane0422; 08-27-2008, 03:01 AM.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have……Thomas Jefferson

I have a Rock River Arms M4, there are some small differences between the manufactures is there anything particular you were wondering about?

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

The O.com AR Bible:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81462

I personally own an LMT upper & CMMG lower
      Last edited by 135dB; 08-27-2008, 12:52 PM. Reason: .
      -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
      -Daniel Silva

Comment

Some say there are differences...

(click on the link above, or on the link in my sig line.)
        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

M4.... what's that???

“The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

.....a BMW
            -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
            -Daniel Silva

Comment

If your a purist, snob type, you might say that an M4 is a Colt select fire weapon which has the M4 (3 round burst) and M4A1 (Full auto) variants. So that would be a big difference.
              The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

But a federal court ruled that Colt dosent own the M4 designation.

There is only as much difference in the civvie M4's as there are in civilian pickup trucks.
                "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Originally posted by shane0422 View Post
                  what kind of M-4 do you own and is there a big difference between the manufactures. Thanks
                  At work we've got actual Colts, but I own two M4-type rifles. My "nice" rifle has a Rock River lower with an LMT upper and a Magpul CTR stock, and the other rifle is a beater that I built up from whatever cheap parts I could scrounge. It's a mediocre quality off-brand lower (Khalan Weaponry) with a $25 collapsible stock from Sportsman's Guide, a DPMS lower parts kit, an American Spirit Arms A2 upper yanked from a flat-top conversion, and a heavily-used 16" M4 profile barrel purchased for $25 from a machinegun rental shop. I mostly built that one up for blank firing duty in training scenarios.

Comment

Bushmaster Texas "M4" Carbine, tac light and red dot. LOVE IT

http://www.gtdist.com/TXDPS-AR15.htm

Looking for employment with any 3 letter agency...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6343 users online. 377 members and 5966 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X