300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P226 or P226 Elite for on duty use?

Our agency approved Sigs about a month ago. I am on the fence with the P226 or P226 Elite (9mm)for on duty. I like the elite because of the beaver tail and short reset trigger, I dont care for the wood grips I would probably end up getting laser grips. The only pro fot the 226 is its cheaper. But paying close to a grand for a weapon is kinda nuts, but its probably worth it. You get the rebate on both.

The p220 is also approved but you carry 8+1, and I am more accurate with the 9mm which is 15+1. Ive shot both and like them both, but like I said I am more accurate with the 9mm.

Any advice or reviews with these weapons is highly appreciated it. Thanks.
    sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    -George Orwell

I have coworkers that shoot the elite 226 and 220's. You're right, take the wood grips off, they will get beat up on duty. I use the standard all stainless 220. If I had it to do over again, I would spend the xtra $$$ and go with the elite. The beavertail makes for an easy grip, and the SRT is just awsome. I had it installed on my P220.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

I go 10-8 with a P220 Elite. The trigger pull is sweet and the grip seems to feel a lot better with the beaver tail. I still have the wooden grip on it, but I will eventually go to a Crimson Trace laser grip. I had one on my Beretta and it is a nice tool. I got my pistol at LAPRAC for $955.00 out the door. It is a lot of money, but I am really happy with the pistol. I also coughed up the extra dough for a mag pouch that holds 4 magazines and the extra magazines. You may not need the new mag pouch if the magazine is similar in size to the 92F's. Also, if you do get an Elite, they only come with 2 magazines, so you will need to buy the third one separately.
      There are no extraordinary men... just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.
      William Halsey

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

If you are buying it with your own money, Standard P-226.

If someone else is paying for it or reimbursing you, Elite P-226.

Comment

I have read that the Elite's grips have had cracking problems with people after the first 500-1000 rounds or so. Be careful.
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Thank you all for the advice, I just called the LAPD store, they told me they have the P226 elite for 860.00, at Pro Force they have all regular Sigs ( P220, P226 and P229) for 837.00.

I think ill go with LAPD since they have the best price around and they have it available.
              sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
              -George Orwell

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Contact SIG LEO sales directly. They can help you out in saving money, for instance SIG226 and 229 are $599.
                  People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

P226 Elite Platinum FTW

Comment

Originally posted by R12GS View Post
                      Contact SIG LEO sales directly. They can help you out in saving money, for instance SIG226 and 229 are $599.
                      Are they still doing that? I was under the impression that they did away with the program and replaced in the form of a rebate that is on their website currently.

Comment

I picked up the gun (P226 Elite) yesterday at LAPRAAC and took it the range, holy crap is this gun sweet. The trigger action is smooth and the short reset trigger is awesome. I could'nt be more happier with it. Thank you guys for the input.

The only problem I have is w/ the Safariland 6280 holster, the beavertail gets in the way of the little tab the hood has. It locks out but not as smooth as it should, im wandering if I should just get rid of the tab on the hood.
                        Last edited by cruz0311; 09-10-2008, 07:17 PM.
                        sigpic

-George Orwell

Comment

I have been having the same problem with the tab on my holster, but it seems to be loosening up a little bit. I have only been carrying it for 2 weeks (P220R Elite.) The habit I have been getting into is checking the strap when I get out of the car, as it seems to have a nasty habit of coming unlocked. As often as not, I have to re secure the strap. I may cut mine, too.
                          There are no extraordinary men... just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.
                          William Halsey

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3007 users online. 143 members and 2864 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X