Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMJ/HP round diversification in the magazine.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I did some playing around with water jugs, too. I didn't have all that many saved up and didn't feel like spending money on fresh ones just for this. I was just messing around so I didn't even think about trying to make a gelatin block or something. Maybe next time I get down to the farm to mess around I'll use some wet newsprint as a sort of ghetto gelatin. The thing is, I dont' subscribe to the paper so I'd have to save up a bunch of the free weekly papers that show up in the yard to have enough for that sort of thing.
    Last edited by velobard; 08-26-2008, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
      I dont' subscribe to the paper so I'd have to save up a bunch of the free weekly papers that show up in the yard to have enough for that sort of thing.

Just take the paper from your neighbor who always wakes up after you

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell_in_CT View Post
        Exactly what makes a deep wound track to the exclusion of all else such a priority?
        There's way more to it than that. I could whip up a post about how terminal ballistics works, but it's way late and I'm too tired. I usually use it for the lousy caliber debating threads too. I'll PM you something in the morning since it would be kinda off topic.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Originally posted by sap123 View Post
          There's way more to it than that. I could whip up a post about how terminal ballistics works, but it's way late and I'm too tired. I usually use it for the lousy caliber debating threads too. I'll PM you something in the morning since it would be kinda off topic.
          Thank you, but I have a more than passing familiarity with terminal balistics.

I am not questioning the importance of going deep, but going wide if you can get it isn't something to pass up.

Wow, that sounds dirty...

Comment

Staggering the mag with FMJ and HP ammo is a bad idea. You will experience more jams. If you are worried about getting more penetration go with a higher grain weight and use +P ammo. If you’re using any serious handgun caliber such as 9mm and up your penetration should be fine unless your using Glaser safety slugs “this ammo is for fools” and if you want to defeat cover / obstacles then you need something that will have fast a feet per second “FPS such as 1400” and higher grain weight.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3901 users online. 278 members and 3623 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X