300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paddle Holster or Belt Holster

I just purchased the blackhawk level two serpa holster. I bought it to be a belt holster, but I did not know it would come with the paddle holster version as well.

For those of you that have this holster, which of you use the paddle vs belt holster?

I saw a video where someone wearing a paddle holster (this one was kydex) had their gun and holster completely ripped off of them, breaking the paddle part of the holster.

I would like to hear your thoughts on each set up. I am going to leave it as a belt holster for now.
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

I'm assuming you're referring to this vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ
    That's a Fobus paddle. Fobus holsters suck. The Blackhawk piece is very stout. I have the Serpa 2 for my USPf 45. Altho there is a time/place for the paddle, I personally prefer the belt setup. Here's a real world experience with the Serpa 2 paddle:
    http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72611
    LASD

Comment

Serpa CQC here. Paddle Always.

I Love it.

And it's got little gripper things on it that makes it nearly impossible for even me to get the thing off. It's as solid as my duty rig.

Never tried the belt option, but it was nice that it came with it.
      "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

I have a SERPA Lvl II for my Glock 22 or my gf's Glock 23, I use my paddle all the time ! The only time I change it out is when I go to shoot IDPA, then I use the belt holder. They are both very tough and I love this holster. My only comment is make sure you have a good solid belt to wear it with. My Dickies Leather belt is too flimsy, but my 5.11 Operator belt works perfectly!
        Common sense its not a common virtue...

sigpic

"The AR-15, Legos for grown ups."-Jwise

"OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen. "- Blackdog F4i

1042 Trooper is my hero!!!

Comment

If you use it as a paddle holster, make sure the bottom below your beltt clips onto the belt or you will pull out the holster with the gun.
          If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
          www.samanthafund.com

Comment

I do not like paddle holsters. Belt loop feels better to me and seems more secure. I have a Blackhawk holster (the non Serpa one.)
            There are no extraordinary men... just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.
            William Halsey

Comment

Paddle for plain clothes. Belt attachment if I wear it as a duty holster.

Comment

I'm thinking of purchasing this holster. Officers that I work with rave about it.

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I don't do a lot of plain clothes work but prefer a paddle holster when I do. Most of the time I wear it I am going too or from training. Its easy to take off while in class. When I wear mine concealment isn't an issue so I don't have to be concerned with that. For CCW carry I use a IWB holster. I have some of the FOBUS paddle holsters. They are kind of flimsy and I only use them at the range.

Comment

I have a duty Serpa III, so my Serpa II, since I use it off-duty, I use the paddle because I hate having to undo my belt to get holsters on and off. THis way I can quickly pull it off and put it on, plus it's solid and doesnt move around like a belt-mount one sometimes feels like it's doing.
                      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                      that we are all that stands between
                      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

First, let me concur that the holster in the video is a Fobus, and they're crap.

Secondly, I have the same holster you are inquiring about as well as many others. Originally, I had planned to use the belt feature on the Blackhawk, but I had to try out the paddle. It's very wide so I assumed it would be uncomfortable, yet it's not. I've never been burdened by it in anyway. I actually find the belt attachment more uncomfortable to wear as my Don Hume trouser belt has never wanted to conform to that tight of a bend.

Also, the "lips" of the paddle make it difficult for me to get it out of my pants by myself let alone if someone is trying to take it from me with me fighting them. However, I have found it faster than undoing my belt, pulling it out of the first loop, sliding the gun off, and putting my belt back. I like this feature because sometimes (being in an admin/supervisory role) I wear my paddle holster and no other equipment depending on what I'm doing and being able to get the paddle off and strap the duty belt on in a short amount of time is handy should I need to respond to something.

Usually I wear the duty belt because they're not uncomfortable to me. Well, I'm babbling. Don't sweat the paddle. I think you've got the best on the market, and this is coming from someone who used to be literally paranoid about paddles due to the video in question.

Comment

I have one for my glock 27 and use it as a belt holster i use it when im in the field training so i use a riggers belt that has no problem at all holding in in place never used it as a paddle though
                          Dedication gets you to the door, commitment gets your through it

Comment

I have had no problems with the paddle set up.

Comment

They are both great setups, if you are in a hurry the paddle is awsome. Got to love the blackhawk stuff.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6037 users online. 353 members and 5684 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X