300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig 220 and Serpa Holster?

I'm looking at getting a new duty gun, and I have it narrowed down to a SIG 220 or 220 Carry (the difference being 4.4" barrel vs. a 3.9" Barrel, the frame is the same size). I would prefer the shorter barrel, but I will be using it with a SERPA Duty holster. Blackhawk only lists the 220 on the fit list for the holster, but I'm hoping that the 220 Carry would also fit because the fram is the same. Can anyone tell me for sure, or does anyone have experience with both the 220 and 220 carry that could give me some advice.
    Thanks
    Jess
    "My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

While I cant speak exactly for your situation, I can say that my P245 (older 3.9" barrel version, but with the smaller grip like the 220 compact) fits in the Serpa I also use for my fullsize 220. The only difference is there is more "extra space" at the end of the barrel.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

It should fit. The holster locks on the trigger guard and both models use the same frame. The slide is the same width, just a bit shorter. Why would you want to go with the shorter barrel?
      Last edited by nkpd44; 08-24-2008, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nkpd44 View Post
        It should fit. The holster locks on the trigger guard and both models use the same frame. The slide is the same width, just a bit shorter. Why would you want to go with the shorter barrel?
        I always use to shoot the 226 and then I shot a 229, and that shorter barrel just seemed much handier for me. The 226 always seemed really long. The 220 Carry is kind of like the 229.
        Thanks for your advice.
        "My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Comment

Well, I don't know anything about the Sherpa holster, but I salute your choice of the P220.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5737 users online. 353 members and 5384 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X