300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Leg Gun

I found the new leg gun I want. For those of you that don't get the term 'leg gun' it's the long arm I place on the right side of my patrol car seat. I know that's not the best carry but as of right now we're not allowed to mount locks for the long arms in the cars. So it's either that or lock it in the trunk. Too far out of reach for me.
    Take a look. It's at DSArms.com

Anyone have any reliable stats on velocity out of an 11 in. barrel?

I figure w/ the .308 I can carry a good 168 or 180 grn fmj for shooting thru cars and stuff ( I work in a very rural county) and swap mags to a 110 grn TAP if it needs to be used in populated areas.
    Col. Jeff Cooper said, “One is no more armed because he possesses a pistol than he is a musician because he owns a piano”.

You're firing a .308 out of an 11in barrel? I would be more concerned over accuracy then velocity, considering you work in a rural county.

Picture doesn't work, btw.
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

I have a 8" barreled .308 and 7.62X39 and unless you are going to run a silencer or put hearing protection on each time you deploy the firearm the shot sound will be beyond deafening.

I would reccomend the AAC 7.62 SD silencer.

Comment

Muzzle blast and flash are going to be ferocious. I wouldn't recommend anything shorter than 16". (My opinion)
        You might be better served by an M4 with a 16" barrel, with the collapsed stock, it is very short and still quite handy.
        If you don't like 5.56, get the 7.62x39 upper, or better yet, the 6.8.

Comment

your dept is going to let you carry an NFA weapon on duty?

Even mine wouldn't let me do that.

Accuracy will be fine, velocity will be sufficient with good ammo, but like David said; the blast will be deafening w/out ear protection.
          J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Oh, and I would also suggest the 6.8 in an AR package as opposed to the .308.
            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it'll be loud. I figure a supressor and hearing protection will both be needed. My sheriff's policy on what we carry is 'if you can qualify w/ it, you can carry it.'
              Col. Jeff Cooper said, “One is no more armed because he possesses a pistol than he is a musician because he owns a piano”.

Comment

I don't think 11in. will give the .308 round enough time to rotate for decent enough accuracy... but, that's my opinion....

And as said, flash and bang is going be a problem.
                “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Here's your picture.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5889 users online. 346 members and 5543 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X