• Show
Clear All

• anybuddy try this kind of ammo?

This website has a bunch of weird rounds, like:
    Super Incendiary Ammo
    Starburst Incendiary ammo
    Armor Piercing Incendiary Ammo
    Armor Piercing Incendiary Tracer Ammo

any buddy every try this ammo, I am looking to get some just for sh#ts and giggles back on the farm, but is it it safe to shot, want to get some .223 for my AK

http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/index.php?cPath=0_26
    "What the problem is?"

Originally posted by Red Swan View Post
    This website has a bunch of weird rounds, like:
    Super Incendiary Ammo
    Starburst Incendiary ammo
    Armor Piercing Incendiary Ammo
    Armor Piercing Incendiary Tracer Ammo

any buddy every try this ammo, I am looking to get some just for sh#ts and giggles back on the farm, but is it it safe to shot, want to get some .223 for my AK

http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/index.php?cPath=0_26

It's not safe, as it's slightly illegal and you'll cause a fire with the tracer/incendenary rounds. I didn't know they made API round in 5.56MM....

WTF is "Super incendenary"???
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Its more than 'slightly' illegal here in CA.......

I would be interested in the results on some of those rounds though.....from a good distance.....and with someone elses' weapon....
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

The Zirconium Sponge and bullet jacket is what seperates this ammo from a regular Incendiary round. This ammo is designed to be shot into a hard target that will rip the bullet jacket open to expose the chemical mixture. Metal, concrete, and rocks will rip the jacket open the best to give you the optimum performance of this ammo. This ammo will give you twice the flash bang as regular Incendiary ammo. This ammo will burn at 5000 degrees at point of impact. Use EXTREME CAUTION, this ammo is highly flammable upon impact. This ammo is completely safe to shoot through your weapon.
        "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Originally posted by exdrip View Post
          This ammo is designed to be shot into a hard target that will rip the bullet jacket open to expose the chemical mixture. Metal, concrete, and rocks will rip the jacket open the best to give you the optimum performance of this ammo.
          I can just picture that happening when it hits bone, too. Ouch!!!

Comment

Looks like the fireworks I got.. uhh I hope no one knows this guy because he's very dangerous.

Comment

The API rounds usually don't do much to the human body.

The tracers on the other hand....

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
                It's not safe, as it's slightly illegal and you'll cause a fire with the tracer/incendenary rounds. I didn't know they made API round in 5.56MM....
                Can you elaborate on the laws RE: armor piercing/incendiary/tracer ammo? Just curious if it is illegal nationwide (destructive device?) or if state laws are the only ones criminalizing the fun stuff.

Where I shoot there is not much besides dirt/rocks for miles and I would definitely bring a fire extinguisher if I was playing w/5000 degrees.

Comment

The API rounds usually don't do much to the human body.

The tracers on the other hand....
                  Yeah, something tells me a jury wouldn't look too kindly on me if I loaded my 9mm tracers in my carry gun.

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
                    Yeah, something tells me a jury wouldn't look too kindly on me if I loaded my 9mm tracers in my carry gun.
                    well.......I thought you wanted to make sure you were hitting your target....plus they look really cool at night.
                    sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Hmm, well, H.R. 3121 prohibited the sale, other than to law enforcement and the armed forces, of ammunition manufactured with "a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence of traces of other substances) from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium," other than shotgun shot required by federal regulations for hunting and other specifically-described projectiles.

So basically most AP rounds are illegal.

Tracer rounds, as far as I understand it, are not illegal under federal law, but may be under your state's law, as most states (if not all) have made it illegal.

IMHO, you shouldn't want or need AP, API or even tracer rounds. You're not gonna need it, and you're opening yourself up to some serious liability.

Comment

Oh, and if you DO decide to get any of that ammo (not that I would trust ammo from a company that calls a round a 'super incendinary' round ) you better have a nice barrel on your firearm. If not, I hope you don't mind buying a new weapon...

Comment

Tracer? Did I say I had tracers?

Oh, and if you DO decide to get any of that ammo (not that I would trust ammo from a company that calls a round a 'super incendinary' round ) you better have a nice barrel on your firearm. If not, I hope you don't mind buying a new weapon...
                          Not to mention that I understand it can be VERY corrosive. If you ever use this sort of stuff clean your firearm like you've never cleaned it before, then go through the barrel with solvent a few more times.

Comment

Actually the company has decent prices on regular ammo. I have ordered bulk ammo from them a few times. I don't do the novelty ammo thing though.
                            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6059 users online. 353 members and 5706 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X