http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyKMz3tYx-M

That's too scarey!
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

What in the world is going on with the weird piano music when they show the gelatin the first couple of times, at about 1:40? It just seems a little surreal and creepy, given the context.

I wouldn't mind trying out some of their civilian version of the ammo, the non-armor piercing stuff, if I could see how to place an order on their website and find their pricing info.

Comment

ExDrip is not happy. Although an FN Fiveseven round can do the same thing, not every criminal runs around toting one of those. 9mm ammunition is much more easily attainable. It wouldn't be hard to smuggle it. I wonder how it does on dragonskin.
        Last edited by exdrip; 08-20-2008, 10:10 PM.
        "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Back in the 70's and 80's you could walk into any gunshop and buy a box of German WW2 surplus 9mm. ammo. IIRC, it came in cardboard packaging with 20 to a box for around $2.00. This was high performance armor pierceing capable ammo, because it was FMJ and high velocity. The 9mm. luger caliber is the same as used in the Schmeisser SMG's, they had to be hot loads so they could function the bolt. The 9mm.as loaded in this country has always been on the mild side due to liability concerns about aging or put-together parts guns and the stories about the p-38's that were produced by forced labor and sabotaged the heat treatment of the many pistols that found their way here. It wasn't until after the 1986 shootout that development of the 9mm came up to it's european counterparts performance level. While the 9mm. is good, a .45 is better.

Comment

Mike 842, any idea what the weight and velocity was on that old 9mm stuff? I have a couple different +P+ rounds that chrono at about 1400 fps and I'm not sure I'd want anything much hotter.

Comment

Armor piercing ammuniton is defined under 18 U.S.C. Section 921(a)(17)(B) as the following:

(B) The term "armor piercing ammunition" means -
              (i) a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a
              handgun and which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence
              of traces of other substances) from one or a combination of
              tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or
              depleted uranium; or
              (ii) a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber
              designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a
              weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the
              projectile.

(C) The term "armor piercing ammunition" does not include shotgun
              shot required by Federal or State environmental or game regulations
              for hunting purposes, a frangible projectile designed for target
              shooting, a projectile which the Attorney General finds is
              primarily intended to be used for sporting purposes, or any other
              projectile or projectile core which the Attorney General finds is
              intended to be used for industrial purposes, including a charge
              used in an oil and gas well perforating device.

Also see: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/legal/armor.htm

The ammunition in the video would clearly fall under this catagory; however, such ammunition would not be for sale in the United States over the counter.

To purchase it in the USA legally you would need to be a government agency or a person approved for posession of such ammunition by the Secretary of the Treasury (of his/her designee - the ATF).

If someone REALLY wanted to get ahold of it, they need an FFL(6) or an FFL(7).

While it could be imported illegally and sold on the street, you likely have a greater chance of running into someone with a 7.62x25mm Tokarev loaded with steel ccore ammo that they picked up in bulk at a gun show that is not listed as AP on the ATF's webpage.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3124 users online. 205 members and 2919 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X