300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma!!!

Do you believe in it? I do now! I bought an EOTech 512 sight for my SAR-48 a couple of months ago, thinking that I'd buy a magnifier at a later date. A few weeks back, I entered a charity raffle and won a NIB 3x EOTech magnifier with quick release lever!!! Wowhoo!!!

Sorry about the gloating, but to those who recommended the EOTech sight: Thanks again, double!
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

You lucky SOB!

Oh, and your welcome.
    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Well, I guess I'm not quite as lucky as it seems. The 3x magnifier I won is worth $499.00, but is designed to be used with the new EOTech 552 or 553 series sights, not my older (and lower riding 512). It mounts on my rail fine, but rides about 1/4-1/2" higher than my sight. The result is the reticle is in the bottom 1/3 of my sight picture with the magnifier in place.

I called GGG and apparently, the solution is to either sell the magnifier and use the money to buy a lower riding 3x Aimpoint magnifier, or sell the sight and buy a newer (higher riding) 552 or 553 model EOTech sight.

I'm leaning towards selling the magnifier, as I like the better cheek weld I get using the lower mounted (older) EOTech 512. Pic below. Suggestions?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I believe in karma! Had a great experience last summer with my then supervisor giving me crap...it worked in my favor in the end (wished it didn't in this situation). Nicely done with the karma being in your favor though!
        LEO hopeful

Comment

You could get a LaRue Tactical LT-110 EO mount that will raise it up to be in line with the magnifier.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...tail.bok?no=33

Comment

I'll lose the good cheekweld (that I have with the EOTech 512) won't I? If so, wouldn't it be better to sell off the magnifier and spend the money for a low mount (Aimpoint) magnifier?

Comment

What about ditching the QR on the 3X, is it removeable.
              Start surfing the eotec web site for other mounting bases that might work to keep it inline with you sight.

Comment

I'd like to have the flexibility to go back to my iron sights in the event of a optics failure.

Comment

If you can't come up with anything, i can build you a mount that would keep everything in-line.
                  The only problem is the optic's would sit up higher, that would change your cheek-weld.
                  If there is enough rail under the 3X it could be recut lower to keep it in-line with the red-dot.
                  It's a good set-up though, worth working it out.

Comment

I don't think chopping the base down for the magnifier is going to be practical. I'm thinking I'll just have to go with one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                      I'll lose the good cheekweld (that I have with the EOTech 512) won't I? If so, wouldn't it be better to sell off the magnifier and spend the money for a low mount (Aimpoint) magnifier?
                      Didn't you lose your checkweld when you went to the EO? My FAL has a natural cheekweld / point of aim relationship with the irons but I would think that putting an optic on it that raises the sight plane an inch or more would screw it up?

Personally I'd recommend getting rid of the EO and getting an Aimpoint sight and magnifier regardless of cheedweld situation, but that is just my personal opinion.

Comment

cant you just mount a flat rail on the existing rail? will that move it up enough?
                        In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

The EOTech 512 mounts very low on the rail and I can use nearly the same cheek weld that I have with iron sights. The newer model (550 series) EOTechs mount higher (in line with the magnifier) and I'd lose the good cheek weld if I get one of those.

I contacted EOTech customer service this morning and they advised me that he magnifier had an adjustment screw on it's base that enables the user to more closely center the reticle (of the 512) in the view of the magnifier. I adjusted it to the max, but the reticle is still well below the center of the sight. Additionally, the cheek weld issue is still there and the upper third of the sight picture is blurred by the top of the 512's housing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4455 users online. 232 members and 4223 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X