300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wives And Defensive Weapons

I thought I had my wife convinced to learn how to use a firearm. After her coming up with one excuse after another I got her to at least settle on carrying pepper spray. The very same day I gave her the wrist carry she goes to the mall. She went to one store to return something and the gal at the register was being a pain about it. My wife said she got irritated enough that if she hadn't put the spray in her purse she might have used in on the gal.

Think about things like that before arming your wives.
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

That's got to be a real pain in the butt. I convinced my mom a while ago to carry pepper spray so we went over to ARMY NAVY and then about a year later we went to the PENTAGON she had it in her purse, she forgot about it, that was fun.

Comment

No one should be armed unless they have the mental temperament to act reasonably and legally in times of stress.
      Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

Or even more importantly women put their weapons wheter it be a gun or oc or whatever in there purse then the first thing the thug does is grab her purse and the first time she tries and retain it he punches her in the face taking her "weapon" and her purse.....if a women is going to carry a defensive tool it needs to be readily at hand just as we carry our tools, otherwise what good is it??
        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Woofdog View Post
          No one should be armed unless they have the mental temperament to act reasonably and legally in times of stress.
          Reckon that rules out all women.

Glad my wife won't be reading this.
          sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Unh hunh.

And just exactly where else is she going to put it?

I don't carry a purse any more. Small wallet goes in pocket. Keys are attached to cell phone holder (I unhook them in the car and re-hook when I get out), and so is my pepper spray. These are in turn attached to a lanyard that hangs around my neck when I need to have both hands free. Normally, though, the lanyard is wrapped several times around my hand. These all together make a bit of a weapon to use for hitting someone.

I know the lanyard could be grabbed and used to choke, but I haven't been able to figure out something better. Other than a fanny pack. I hate fanny packs. They need to be worn in front if you are worried about access. My shape doesn't need that extra lump.

If I need to carry more than that, it goes into a back pack, which I wear with both straps attached to shoulders. Again, not a good place for a gun. While not quite so easy for someone to grab away, access is even more difficult.

None of this is very fashionable. And most women need to be fashionable.

However, if you are just going for the pepper spray, attaching it to a key ring makes it handy. Also means you can't leave home without it.

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
            Or even more importantly women put their weapons wheter it be a gun or oc or whatever in there purse then the first thing the thug does is grab her purse and the first time she tries and retain it he punches her in the face taking her "weapon" and her purse.....if a women is going to carry a defensive tool it needs to be readily at hand just as we carry our tools, otherwise what good is it??
            Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
            Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
            A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Originally posted by zeplin View Post
              Think about things like that before arming your wives.
              I've been to Battlefield Mall, I think I can relate with your wife.

Comment

Yes, well, the "interesting place" you are thinking of is not more accessible than a purse, unless you are unclothed or at the very least not wearing panties or pantyhose.

Would you like your wife to go in public with OC put you know where, and no undies?

Yah. Right.

Originally posted by gadphto89
                Female criminals find interesting places to hide weapons
                Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Pager pal holster with a small sidearm. Works with my girls G36. Ankle holsters work as well. E2d surefire clipped on pants and spray clipped on pants. And yes girls you will need to change what you ware and use a belt!!! Last resort is a belly band.

Comment

Funny story to add...
                    My better half gos to the range with me to pratice every time I do (not often enough). She is a slower bulls eye type shooter, and uses normal range ammo. We live out in the boonies and snakes are a problem so when she is working outside she carries. Well a copper head came at her and BOOM, BOOM. She hit it twice @ 12 feet without thinking about it. I asked her about any differance in recoil because I had recently switched us over to .45 corbon DPX + p's which left two craters in the dirt. She meekly said, "What recoil"?

Comment

Originally posted by Not a cop View Post
                      Funny story to add...
                      My better half gos to the range with me to pratice every time I do (not often enough). She is a slower bulls eye type shooter, and uses normal range ammo. We live out in the boonies and snakes are a problem so when she is working outside she carries. Well a copper head came at her and BOOM, BOOM. She hit it twice @ 12 feet without thinking about it. I asked her about any differance in recoil because I had recently switched us over to .45 corbon DPX + p's which left two craters in the dirt. She meekly said, "What recoil"?

#1 Keep her happy.

#2 If you don't, hide behind hard cover.

Comment

I got my gal a small .25cal for whatever.
                        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                        that we are all that stands between
                        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

My wife became keenly interested in CCW when Michigan became a shall-issue state. I took her to a huge gun shop and we tried out all sorts of guns. She eventually settled on a Beretta 84 in .380. It fits her well; it's a little thick (being a double stack) but she loves having 14 shots on tap. Now if only I could get her to the range more than once or twice a year...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5899 users online. 360 members and 5539 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X