300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Baer Custom Thunder Ranch

Here's a picture of my new (to me) Les Baer Custom Thunder Ranch pistol.

It was a going away present to myself, after leaving the Mesquite Police Dept where I've worked for the last six years as a Patrol Officer.

We had a saying back at Texas A&M. If you do something more than once, it becomes a Tradition (Traditions at A&M are capitalized, because they are THAT important!)

So, I guess since this is the second time I have bought a 1911 as a congratulatory present to myself, it is now officially a Tradition.

(I can't wait to see what I'm going to buy myself for graduating from law school!?)

When I graduated from Texas A&M, I bought myself a Kimber Pro CDP, pictured below:

I think this is a GREAT Tradition...
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

that is a great tradition...now if only i could get my wife to go along with it. i asked to get a new little smith .357 and she said no, so i asked for the much cheaper ruger lcp and i got a i didn't need any more guns lecture

Comment

Originally posted by luckydog View Post
      that is a great tradition...now if only i could get my wife to go along with it. i asked to get a new little smith .357 and she said no, so i asked for the much cheaper ruger lcp and i got a i didn't need any more guns lecture
      So, what you're saying is, your wife KNOWS how many guns you own?
      J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Where's the Thunder Ranch Model 24?

Comment

Nice addition.
          "Do or Do Not.............There is no try."
          -Jedi Master Yoda

Comment

From a 1911 snob, very nice purchase!
            The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Thanks, Surf. It's fun to go into shops now, and see nothing as nice as what you've got at home!

1911 wise, anyway. It's been like that for a while regarding ARs...
              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

How about next time she asks to, or just goes and buys a new pair of shoes or purse, give her the she doesn't need any more shoes or purses lecture.

Comment

Originally posted by crazynova View Post
                  How about next time she asks to, or just goes and buys a new pair of shoes or purse, give her the she doesn't need any more shoes or purses lecture.
                  i would, but you haven't met her... an out of control 4'9" red head

Comment

I guess it's nice if you like that sort of thing... ;-)

Comment

Ahhh...nothing like a tight, beautifully crafted 1911! I'm a 1911 snob as well. Beautiful purchase jwise! I carried my Kimber Pro Carry II on-duty for many years...until our Chief and Firearms Instructor decided to go all G22 or G23. ...they wanted the same weapon platform for all Probation Officers...and they didn't like the 1911 "cocked and locked" thing (which is really ridiculous). Anyway, I've learned to like my piece of plastic...but I'll always be in love with my Kimber!

Comment

I just bring 'em home. So far she has either not noticed or ignored them... my boy on the other hand doesn't miss a thing.

jwise, I like your tradition.
                        sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

jwise, just thought I would revive this thread and ask how is everything with the TRS? Any issues with it?

I am currently looking at picking up one very shortly if it works out. If you don't mind, who did you purchase from and at what price?
                          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

I got it "pre-owned." It was on consignment at the Bullet Trap in Plano, TX. It was $1300, or so.

Since starting law school, and being in a new town, I haven't had a chance to get to any ranges around here. I wish I could give you some updated info on how its been shooting/handling, but unfortunately it's been quiet since I moved...
                            J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Wow, it looks like it is very new condition from your pics and that would be a good deal on it. There seems to be no lack of guns in TX.

I actually found a place willing to sell a NIB TRS for $20 over their dealer cost, so around $1640 or so. I am waiting to find out what happens with a Wilson CQB. It is a few hundred more, but I don't have a Wilson yet.

Hope things are going well for you with school and all. Just don't become a defense attorney.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4835 users online. 252 members and 4583 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X