300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raven 25 as a BUG

I currently carry a Springfeld Armory XD subcompact 40 for my daily carry or ccw depending on several factors. I just can't see carrying my Ruger GP100 with a 6'' barrel on a daily basis. So, I am thinking about starting to carry my little Raven 25 as a BUG but wanted to get some thoughts and feedback. I would either go with a pocket or ankle holster.

Any issues with either option?
    For pocket, would you recommend a front or nack pocket?
    Has anyone used this holster for a small 22 or 25 semi-auto? http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZAA912-33.html
    Other ankle holster options?
    Is it even worth carrying this as a BUG?

I am not LEO- currently applying- but I will say that I have a Raven and would never consider it as a CCW. I have had my Concealed Carry Permit for over 10 years wouldn't consider anything less than a .380. Much less a firearm known for less than stellar reliability and very poor accuracy. I do agree that any gun is better than no gun, but I would invest in something a little better than the Raven. I have a Taurus 605 (.357 in 2") and that was only about $250.00 used and don't hesitate to carry it on occasion.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend it as a carry gun. Yes it makes holes, no I wouldn't want to be shot with one, but those aren't the criteria you should use for a carry gun. You want a gun that's capable of stopping an immediate threat. 22's and 25's have killed plenty of people, but they aren't as likely to do so in a timely fashion. You want a gun that can, shall we say, get someone's attention in a more aggressive fashion. I second the comment on a 380 as a bare minimum. Even then, be very selective about your ammo, such as Winchester Ranger, which does come that small. Check out the Keltec P3AT or the Ruger LCP. Tiny guns with a decent track record and both under $300 new. It's easy for me to find the Keltec at $250.

Comment

If I was close enough I would honestly rather have a knife than the raven .25. I second the Keltec for a cheap BUG/CCW, but I would suggest the P11 9mm.
        Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

I've got to agree
          While the .25 would be better than nothing, I would rather it be a Beretta/Taurus or Walther.
          As stated the Kel-Tec is a good option in .32 but preferably .380.

Those .32 silvertips seem to work pretty well.

Comment

I have a Raven .25 and all its worth is a conversation piece. It goes bang and plenty of people have been killed by that $25 POS but still Id get at least a .32. or .357 snub
            Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

I neglected to mention one other worthy pocket gun. The Keltec PF9. Shoots 9mm and only weighs about 9 oz empty. Very slim, about 0.75".

Comment

25 Raven. I sincerly hope your joking. lok at some of the other manufactures mentioned above.
                The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5763 users online. 325 members and 5438 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X