300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• browning hi-power

i noticed recently that my hi-power has what appears to be a bomb stamped in the side towards the front of the trigger guard. anybody know the significance of this?

Sounds like an ordnance proof to me.

Comment

ahh..ill look into that some more. thanks

Comment

Check the 1911forum and the high road; lots of experts there.
        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

+1 for fdkay's post. It sounds like an ordinance proof mark to me too. Is it manufactured by Browning, FN or a licensed copy?

Comment

It means it passed inspection during live test firing...its kind of like the tag in your underwear..
            "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
              It means it passed inspection during live test firing...its kind of like the tag in your underwear..
              Live-fire testing of underwear, that's an interesting concept.

Comment

I looked around a little on a BHP web site and, from what you are describing, that is a standard FN proof mark. This is a pretty cool site if you are into Hi Powers: http://hipowertalk.com/forum/
                There are no extraordinary men... just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.
                William Halsey

Comment

great. thanks guys.

LASD-thanks for the site. great info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3823 users online. 228 members and 3595 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X