300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springfield XD 40 vs M&P 40

Both the compact style. I went in intent on a Sig...till I ended up being a tad short. Those suckers ain't cheap. That said, both XD and M/P impressed me. What do you all think between the two? Thanks for any input.
    For those who want to argue religion, my views are in the sig. This avoids days of repetition and is convenient. Thanks and good luck in your quest.

Answering Infidels
    Faith issues
    Challenging hardcore atheism
    Reasonable Faith

I've never fired an XD in .40, although I did fire a 9mm version several years ago. I was very impressed. That being said, my issue duty sidearm is an M&P .40. I like it a lot.
    My off duty weapon is (usually) a Taurus 24/7, which I like a lot also (I carry a J frame in a shoulder holster very often).
    Get whichever fits your hand the best and feels the most comfortable. They are both fine weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by MDS View Post
      Both the compact style. I went in intent on a Sig...till I ended up being a tad short. Those suckers ain't cheap. That said, both XD and M/P impressed me. What do you all think between the two? Thanks for any input.
      Are you a current LEO? SIG has direct leo pricing. $599 for NIB Sig P226 and 229. If you like SIG, and I'm a fan, then by all means get the gun you want. This is one area (probably the most important IMHO) where you do not want to skimp on.
      People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

I have the sub-compact XD 40. Nice little gun. I like it better than my Glock 27.
        The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by R12GS View Post
          This is one area (probably the most important IMHO) where you do not want to skimp on.
          While I like Sigs and I would certainly like to own one, there are MANY affordable guns out there that are reliable, accurate and well made.
          The EAA line comes to mind, as does the CZ, Taurus and even the Bersa line.
          More money does not mean it will work any better.
          I wouldn't call spending the money on a proven S&W or Springfield design "skimping".

Comment

Originally posted by R12GS View Post
            Are you a current LEO? SIG has direct leo pricing. $599 for NIB Sig P226 and 229. If you like SIG, and I'm a fan, then by all means get the gun you want. This is one area (probably the most important IMHO) where you do not want to skimp on.
            Yes I'm current. We've got to carry a Beretta nine mil on duty but can carry anything else as backup. I've got a Bersa Thunder 380 I carry for that. I want the 40 as an offduty weapon primarily.
            For those who want to argue religion, my views are in the sig. This avoids days of repetition and is convenient. Thanks and good luck in your quest.

Answering Infidels
            Faith issues
            Challenging hardcore atheism
            Reasonable Faith

Comment

I just ordered a Springfield XD .40 in the 3 in. Sub-Compact model. I am supposed to pick it up today and am going to the range tomorrow. It is going to be used as my off duty primarily. The jury is still out if I am going to carry it as a back up. My duty weapon is a Springfield XD .40 in the 5 in. Tactical model and I absolutely love it. I can't say anything about the M&P series as I have no expierence with them, nor do I have any first hand information about them as I do not know anyone who owns any.

Comment

Some food for throught.

I'd get whatever mimics what you carry on duty if you are a police officer. Learning two different model of guns can be done but it's not really the smartest thing to do.

Get whatever fits your hand best and you shoot well. Meaning try to find a range that will let you test several different weapons out. At the end of the day get what feels best...if that means you have to save money for another month or so I'd recommend doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by MDS View Post
                  Yes I'm current. We've got to carry a Beretta nine mil on duty but can carry anything else as backup. I've got a Bersa Thunder 380 I carry for that. I want the 40 as an offduty weapon primarily.

You can still order with being a current LEO.
                  Originally posted by fdkay View Post
                  While I like Sigs and I would certainly like to own one, there are MANY affordable guns out there that are reliable, accurate and well made.
                  The EAA line comes to mind, as does the CZ, Taurus and even the Bersa line.
                  More money does not mean it will work any better.
                  I wouldn't call spending the money on a proven S&W or Springfield design "skimping".
                  While I agree somewhat with your statement I think you misread my reply. I wasn't insinuating the inferiority of the other guns versus a Sig, but rather, get the gun that you want.
                  People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6142 users online. 337 members and 5805 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X