300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotgun woes

I just got issued a brand spankin new Remington 870 Magnum Express. I'd like to put somthing a bit easier than the stock bead sight but evrything Ive looked at requires drilling and tapping the frame. I am sure the PD doesn't want me drilling holes in their new shotgun. I really want a ghost sight and my Sgt seems to think its OK as long as any modifications I make can be restored back to stock. Are there any sights out there that do not require drilling and tapping the frame. I saw a bolt on heat shield sight but that just doesn't seem very accurate. Anyways any advise would be appreciated. Stay safe
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

You could get an 18" cylinder bore slug barrel, it comes with iron sights.
    Not as nice as a good ghost ring set, but very functional.
    You could also get a Burris speed dot setup for the shotgun, very cool little mount that goes between the stock and the receiver.

Comment

I know you said you aren't hot on the idea of a heat shield with sights, but for $21.50 it wouldn't be too expensive to find out if they're up to the job.

http://www.fortune3.com/COMBATHUNTIN...G_SIGHTS-.html

Other than that I believe fdkay is on track.

Comment

Appriciate the advise.

Comment

Forgoe the ghost rings. Get a Mesa Tactical side saddle/rail setup and install an Aimpoint H-1.

Crazy fast and totally reversable.

I don't know of any ghost ring setup that I would trust for duty that dosent modify the receiver by drilling holes.

fdkay's suggestion would be my second choice.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
          8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Since I've never used an Aimpoint maybe I shouildn't chime in. I've used nothing on a duty shotgun BUT the ghost ring. I love it! I wish I had one on my deer gun when I was young.

May not work well for birds on the wing, but for human-size targets... And there's nothing to fail because of (Heaven forbid) a drop or bump.

If you have to eventually restore it to "before the ghost ring" , it can be done be simply installing set screws to fill the holes.
            Last edited by KenW.; 08-13-2008, 09:09 AM.
            I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Does your duty 870 have any kind of flat rib on the top or is it all smooth like most of them? I put a TruGlo hi viz ghost ring and front site hi viz bead on my turkey gun and it clamps onto the rail and has a magnet on the underside and i was worried knocking it around in the woods would knock it off but so far after 4 years in thick woods it's been an awesome set up. it is great in low light.
              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
                I've used nothing on a duty shotgun BUT the ghost ring.
                Same here. I have MMC Ghost Rings on my 870....but, if I had to be able to return it to the bead without drilling holes, then the Mesa/Aimpoint setup would be my choice.
                "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Its smooth. I'm thinkin of putting that burris superbead on it but Id like to find just some tritium ghost rings or sights that mount the same "sandwich" between the stock and reciever.

Comment

I recall seeing this a long time ago on a DBL barrel shotty. They ran a white pinstripe between the 2 barrels. Maybe it could be done on a single?
                    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3204 users online. 152 members and 3052 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X