Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I found a new gun to lust after....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I found a new gun to lust after....

I was reading about this the other day:

Sig P226 X-Five
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=106975247

I don't currently have any Sigs in the aresenal and I would like a fullsize 9mm S/A to use in IDPA.

Too bad I don't have the 2.5G's for it.

Here it is on Sig's Site:
    http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/Sho...8&productid=88
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

I have one of these in the X5 Tactical version, and it is AWESOME, best gun I own. Check them out they are not quite as expensive as the rest of the X5 line, I shoot it so good Im half inclined to make it my carry gun. But I like it so much I dont know that I want it knocked around as bad as a carry gun can get.

Comment

can't go wrong with a sig

Comment

Thats Purdy. It really is a sweet gun. I had a P229 Sig makes real quality firearms.
        Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

I was checking out a 220 Elite, single action match at the local shop. I was pretty stoked about it, but it's still a Sig, and I didn't want to buy all new holsters, mags, mag pouches, etc...

They also had a pistol VERY similar to the one you showed. It might have been the same one, but I didn't really look at it too much.

Here's a little something I've been "looking at" lately...

Last edited by jwise; 08-12-2008, 01:05 AM.
          J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

What draws me to it is the fact that you can carry it cocked and locked and it has a 1911 style safety.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
            8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Right... That's kinda what I like about the Les Baer!
              J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

I don't currently have any Sigs in the aresenal and I would like a fullsize 9mm S/A to use in IDPA.
                Well that certainly would be the piece to do it with. There are cheaper versions of the X series.
                People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

Looks a lot nicer than that sigpro POS that I have...

Comment

Originally posted by nkpd44 View Post
                    can't go wrong with a sig
                    I couldn't disagree more with that statement.

Had a P220R for duty and after three separate incidents with it I sold it off and swore I would never own another Sig product.

It was awful too. Literally right out of the box the gun would not shoot.
                    "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to have quotas, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we want."

Comment

Originally posted by Goforth View Post
                      I couldn't disagree more with that statement.

Had a P220R for duty and after three separate incidents with it I sold it off and swore I would never own another Sig product.

It was awful too. Literally right out of the box the gun would not shoot.
                      I'm glad to see that you judge an entire firearm company (one of the best at that) on one problem pistol. Was the pistol new? If so why didn't you cantact Sig to get it fixed or swap it out? If it was used, WTF is your rant about.
                      Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

I am very happy with my new P220 Elite. The trigger is sweet, especially in double action, the grip is a lot more comfortable than my USP 45 was, and it is well made. The only issue I had was that the grip screws were too tight, causing the magazine to not want to eject away from the pistol. Backed off the screws a little and it is good to go. The beaver tail is nice, too.
                        There are no extraordinary men... just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.
                        William Halsey

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                          I'm glad to see that you judge an entire firearm company (one of the best at that) on one problem pistol. Was the pistol new? If so why didn't you cantact Sig to get it fixed or swap it out? If it was used, WTF is your rant about.

I wasn't judging the company based off one pistol but three (all P220Rs) that were purchased by different officers from different places that were all having the same problems.

The pistol I had was new. When I first brought it home the magazines would not load the Remington duty ammunition we were using at the time. Out of 5 magazines not a single one would load the ammo.

I contacted Sig and spoke with the area LE rep for Sig. Nice enough guy and very helpful. After swapping out my 5 mags twice (thats 15 magazines all together) we still could not get the magazines to load the ammo.

From there the battle was waged against Sig and Remington. One said the ammo was out of spec while the other said the ammo was out of spec.

Once we were able to get that problem resolved the handgun began to have FTE and FTF problems. The pistol would fire once then either not eject or not feed the next round. We tried cleaning and oiling it, different magazines etc etc etc.

The pistol went back to Sig where they polished the feed ramp and exchanged the extractor.

At that time there were three other P220Rs that I knew about that had the same problem and received the same remedy.

Now the "wtf is your rant about"-- It wasn't a rant but an opinion just like your "one of the best." Its all subjective.

I'm a 1911 fan myself so I like my Springfields. I would say they are one of the best companies out there. but agin it's just an opinion.
                          "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to have quotas, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we want."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4879 users online. 292 members and 4587 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X