300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&K USP Compact question

Hi, the government gave me a H&K USP Compact (.40) with a "law enforcement" trigger modification. I really like this weapon and am considering purchasing one for my own use, however I would like to keep things standardized so I have the same trigger pull, same levers, etc.

Does anyone know if H&K sells this "varient" of weapon generally or is it only something they sell to the US government? I went to the range the other day and a gentleman there owned a H&K USP Compact in .40 and was kind enough to let me fire it a few times. His was Double Action / Single Action (mine is DAO), with a safety lever (no safety lever on mine) and also the trigger pull when in DA was a lot heavier than mine. I was really surprised as it was like firing a totally different weapon, aside from the hand-feel which was still nice.

The trigger system you refer to is the "LEM" (law enforcement mode). It's lighter than the DAO versions, because the trigger is "precocked" similar to a Glock. H&K did make the conversion kits available at one time and I switched over my full sized .45 and a Compact .40. Our department's rangemaster was fully H&K certified and he installed the parts. Although I recall buying them from a dealer in Nevada, I don't recall the name of the company.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

You can order the variant from HK through your FFL. I haven't seen many stores stock that variant.

I too converted my variant 1 USP 45 Full size to LEM. I ordered the HK parts kit from CDNN Sports, out of Texas. Kit was $45 and it took me about 30 minutes to install with very simple gunsmithing tools (roll pin punches and drift punches). The instructions provided with the kit were very easy to follow.
      Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
      --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Thanks you two for the info

Comment

Ceridwen,

You will probably have to special order it from a local gunshop.....another resource would be gunbroker.com.......your rangemaster at your agency might also be able to help.....most are gun enthusiasts.....

It should not be too hard to track one down.....
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
            Ceridwen,

You will probably have to special order it from a local gunshop.....another resource would be gunbroker.com.......your rangemaster at your agency might also be able to help.....most are gun enthusiasts.....

It should not be too hard to track one down.....
            Well, the thing is I'm not a true law enforcement officer. I'm a Federal Flight Deck Officer, which just means I'm an airline pilot that went through a voluntary course and was issued a weapon and a ID/badge by the government. I don't really have an agency. I just discovered I really like the USP and thought it would be nice to keep my personal weapon the same configuration as the one I've already been trained to use.

I'll check my local gun shop and see if they can order the variant from H&K -- or if all else fails I can just buy the kit and have it installed on a regular one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
              Well, the thing is I'm not a true law enforcement officer. I'm a Federal Flight Deck Officer, which just means I'm an airline pilot that went through a voluntary course and was issued a weapon and a ID/badge by the government. I don't really have an agency. I just discovered I really like the USP and thought it would be nice to keep my personal weapon the same configuration as the one I've already been trained to use.

I'll check my local gun shop and see if they can order the variant from H&K -- or if all else fails I can just buy the kit and have it installed on a regular one.
              Ahhhhhhh.....very cool.....and your airline didnt go into convulsions about having a gun on board?

You shouldnt have any issues ordering what you are looking for,,,,,might take a little while.......
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

You could also consider an HK P2000 (9mm or .40) or HK45. They are very similar to the USP, and I have only seen them with the LEM trigger -- you might not have to wait.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Nah, they're pretty cool about it. Helped me work my schedule to get the time off to go to the class, but I still had to use some of my vacation days

I think more pilots should go through it, but the program is administered by the TSA/FAMS and they have kind of a institutional dislike for the program and have disqualified a lot of applicants on the psych exam unjustly. I can't really talk about what I went through but it was reported that several applicants were former air force fighter pilots and disqualified because they answered "Yes" to the question "Would you want to be a fighter pilot?" Because they answered yes (they WERE fighter pilots) the TSA said that they were too aggressive and not suited to be a FFDO.

Comment

A little off-topic; but I hope one day HR218 will take to the skies. That alone would increase security aboard passenger planes. I fly quite often armed on extraditions; why not on vacation?
                    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                      You could also consider an HK P2000 (9mm or .40) or HK45. They are very similar to the USP, and I have only seen them with the LEM trigger -- you might not have to wait.
                      He gets special pricing on USPc specifically due to the fact that he is FFDO. I'm actually pretty jealous because the deal they get on one is pretty sweet.

Pretty much already answered, but go to your local gunsmith and see if he can order you a parts kit.
                      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
                        A little off-topic; but I hope one day HR218 will take to the skies. That alone would increase security aboard passenger planes. I fly quite often armed on extraditions; why not on vacation?
                        I get off-duty LEOs packing on my flights fairly often, athough they're mostly federal law enforcement.

I've also had the Sheriff of whatever county, TX flying armed off-duty. All it takes really is a letter from your agency and youre good to go. My, and this is shared by most other airline captains, opinion is the more armed LEOs aboard the better.
                        Last edited by Ceridwen; 08-10-2008, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I have the USP Compact .40 LEM. I bought it brand new at my local HK dealer. It came with two "government" 12 round mags and Mepro night sights as well. It's sold as a law enforcement only weapon, but just like everything else HK offers, any civilian can get one. I love the gun and trigger pull.

Just head to your local HK dealer and they should be able to set you up.
                          "Do or Do Not.............There is no try."
                          -Jedi Master Yoda

Comment

You should have gotten a form in Artesia for the special price. Take the form to your local gun shop and they should be willing to do the transfer. Probably around $25.00.

It's a smoking deal. The local stores were running around $850. No need to search for a good price. You are not going to beat the FFDO price.
                            Last edited by ColoWyo; 08-12-2008, 02:39 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5879 users online. 319 members and 5560 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X