Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an explorer you certainly are a representative of your respective department. Obviously the expectations are much higher for non-volunteer personnel. If a Chief or Sheriff has an issue with not wanting their explorers representing their department they should not allow the program to operate in their organization or they should get a new group of explorers.

I am not singling our Stewie by any means because I think these sentiments are common and often justified. However explorer bashing really grinds on me. If your department Explorers are lacking or you think they are pointless remember two things:

1: If your explorers are lacking it is because your explorer program is not properly selecting, instructing, and training them.

2: If you have an explorer program but dont think you need one that means somebody more important than you thinks your agency should have one.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

— John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6431 users online. 365 members and 6066 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X