300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly do you do in Explorers.

Thinking of joining over the summer. So what is it like and what's your favorite and least favorite parts?

well what agency are you thinking of joining?

Comment

I'll send you a PM.
      The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed on the streets

Comment

Really Fun Rarely Boering

Events in the community like traffic direction, fourth of july fireworks safety, memorial day checkpoint aide, scenarios, ride along, etc. are so much fun. The only down part about my post are the power points that we learn from, they are essential and in the beginning they were cool but after becoming so repetitive after two years of being there they become routine, but hey that is how you get good. We recently had escaped inmate training with our tracking K9 unit as well as vehicle pursuit foot chase training, that was all fun. Then of course most post qualify or at least shoot with weapons every so often and that can be exciting. The things you can gain from an explorer post can be gratifying and essential if you plan on going into law enforcement. Over all I would recommend it very highly.

Comment

touching one another.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

Yes we're frequently caught "touching one another". . . . hope thats not a turn off, lol.

Originally posted by DCPSDcop View Post
            touching one another.
            Last edited by C-11; 05-27-2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

OK I have something to say. I smoked pot a few times, I know it was stupid not even gonna bother explaining why, because no matter what I say I can justify what I did. I did it like 5 times last time I smoked was in march. I talked to the police officer at my school and he told me as long as I don't do it any more (and thank God I wont) it probably wont DQ from a job, especially since I plan on joining the military then become a police officer. So if I admit this when apply for Explorers will it DQ, if so should I wait more time or will I still wont be accepted.

Comment

You should just learn to keep quiet, but hey now that it is out in the open don't do it again. You knew it was against the law when you did it right, are you sure you'll be a faithful explorer cadet? Anyways most post doesn't have drug screening but now they will!

Comment

Originally posted by C-11 View Post
                  You should just learn to keep quiet, but hey now that it is out in the open don't do it again. You knew it was against the law when you did it right, are you sure you'll be a faithful explorer cadet? Anyways most post doesn't have drug screening but now they will!
                  Well back then I wasn't thinking about becoming a police explorer. As a matter of fact back then I don't know what I was thinking, period. Well are they gonna ask about it? If they do I will be honest but would it DQ me. I wouldn't mind taking a drug test just to prove I am being honest.

Comment

Yea I would say that if it was recent enough in the past to show up on a drug test that you will get disqualified, in fact if I were you I would wait, ONLY IF YOU ARE HONEST ABOUT BECOMING AN EXPLORER. Or you could just turn yourself into juvenile detention for rehab, then go apply...that's a joke, don't turn yourself into to juvenile justice.

Comment

Yea I would say that if it was recent enough in the past to show up on a drug test that you will get disqualified, in fact if I were you I would wait, ONLY IF YOU ARE HONEST ABOUT BECOMING AN EXPLORER. Or you could just turn yourself into juvenile detention for rehab, then go apply...that's a joke, don't turn yourself into to juvenile justice.
                      Well I looked up some information, a urine test and blood test it would not show up however a hair test would, up until sometime next month. I am serious about becoming an explorer so what is your opinion on what I should do?

Comment

You should just learn to keep quiet,
                        This is not the kind of advice you should be giving out, and it is certainly not the type of advice anyone who wants to work in LE - in any capacity - should be following.

Tender, to get the best answer to your question, call the post you are thinking of joining and talk to the post advisor. They know the entrance requirements and their process and that way you'll get the correct info.
                        For every one hundred men you send us,
                        Ten should not even be here.
                        Eighty are nothing but targets.
                        Nine of them are real fighters;
                        We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
                        Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
                        And he will bring the others back.

Comment

Originally posted by (S)Sgt Elmer View Post
                          This is not the kind of advice you should be giving out, and it is certainly not the type of advice anyone who wants to work in LE - in any capacity - should be following.

Tender, to get the best answer to your question, call the post you are thinking of joining and talk to the post advisor. They know the entrance requirements and their process and that way you'll get the correct info.

x2

Comment

Darned if you do darned if you don't on these forums... learning to keep quiet was not meant in a negative or otherwise offensive tone

Anyways, honesty counts in my book, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt so if you say your honest then you are. No one is perfect everyone makes mistakes the advisors will understand that and telling them the truth about the situation will help you in the long run. At this point look in to becoming an explorer at the local post and see what the application process is. Sgt. Elmer stated how you should talk to the advisors, that a big plus. Hope this helped I know I was all over the place.
                            Last edited by C-11; 05-28-2008, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Well I am hoping they will understand.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4330 users online. 277 members and 4053 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X