300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Explorer Academy?

Our advisors want to send the uniformed explorers to an advanced police explorer academy. I was told by someone that there are several including an FBI academy. Does anyone know where and when these academies are held? Any information on them available? The closer to California the better...

Thank you!

I think this is what you are referring to:
    (damn I was gonna add a link but they took it down)

I'm going to the MP one.

There are 4 national academies, held once every other year. There is a lengthy application process.
    Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

There is an Explorer I know from Gilroy, CA who will be going to the FBI one at Quantico. I'll ask her a few questions foryou about the whole procees.

Comment

The four national academies (FBI, DEA, US Marshals, MP) are held in the end of June and July each year. The application process starts in the fall, with applications due in January. Applications include:
        Transcripts, volunteer positions helf, leadership positions held, 3-5 letters of reccomendation, 3 references, and signatures from Parents (if under 18), Advisors, and the Chief or Sheriff of your department. You also have to write an essay about what Explorers has meant to you. You cant attend until you have been an Explorer for a year. 30 explorers are choosen for each of the four academies (out of a pool of about 200 applicants).

Some states (Washington) have an academy for all their Explorers in the summer and winter, I'm not sure about CA.
        The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed on the streets

Comment

Originally posted by Jessyca View Post
          The four national academies (FBI, DEA, US Marshals, MP) are held in the end of June and July each year.
          Every OTHER year.
          On the off-years there are national conferences.
          Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

Originally posted by letshearit4blue View Post
            Every OTHER year.
            On the off-years there are national conferences.
            Really? I knew even years had the national conference. But somehow I missed that the academies were only odd years.
            The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed on the streets

Comment

I know I missed this by quite a bit of time but I wanted to say for whomever is young enough for the next National Leadership Explorer Academy in two years to DO IT! I did it not this past year, but the year before when I was 19 years old and I went through the DEA one and it was one of the greatest weeks of my life. The people you meet and what you learn about different explorer posts contribute to such a great time. A quick run down. We stayed at the actual DEA training facility and we were suppose to go through tactics and stuff the first full day there but President Bush was speaking at the FBI academy so we were able to go to that instead. We visited The Secret Service training facility, went to the airport and learned from Customs officers, Postal Inspector, ATF training facilty, and a few other things. We ran the Yellow Brick road obstacle course on the FBI grounds, and did a lot of interesting stuff on the DEA facility. That's just the basics on what we did. I don't want to divulge too much information because you need to experience it yourselves. There are slight differences between the four academies. I know for the MP one you get to shoot off some very cool weapons, the FBI academy was the week before I had the DEA one and they consisted of what I believe to be mostly 14-16ish Explorers and the DEA seemed to range from 16-20 year old Explorers. But anyways, It was a great time and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone in the Explorer program who seriously is considering Law Enforcement, particularly Federal. I know going through Police Processes it has contributed in getting me 3 offers of employment because I don't have any military experience or a full BA college degree to draw from so that is something that will be looked positively on. Any questions feel free to pm me.

Comment

Washington State has a academy twice a year ran through a program called wleea. Washington Law Enforcement Explorers Academy. wleaa.org. We usually get 20 -30 post.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6253 users online. 331 members and 5922 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X