300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting Times?

Hello everyone, I am trying to figure out if making the post meet every thursday is too much, and if doing so would allow for our training to become better. I have discussed my idea with the advisors and apparently threre is no space to hold an explorers meeting every week at the PD. Then I came up with the idea of having everyone meet at a different location (every thursday night we dont have explorers) to do trainings such as PT, hand to hand combat, and of course more PT. I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who already meets more than once a week, and if so, do you see any difference in performance in the post.

Like always thanks alot.

Remember. Most Explorers do other things. Most are in high school. Most probobly work. Most probobly play sports or in another outside activity. More than once a week is way too much. Once a week still takes a very dedicated group. If you have a lack of dedication. It will not work one bit.
    TheDesire
    Desire. Dedication. Dicipline.

Comment

Ya, once a week doesnt sound like a lot at all, but I have a hard time getting my group to show for just one day, and the ones that do just barely drag themselves in most times, not in uniform and too tired to do much. The only ones I could even dream of getting to show more than that is the 4 or 5 on the competition team.

Your training would be better and would most likely stick more if you meet more than once a week, because the only good practice is repetition, repetition, repetition, not just doing a traffic stop one time, then moving on to building searches the next week in interest of time. But at the same time you also dont want to burn your team out and get them tired of showing up at the PD to train.

Consider both the pros and cons before making any decision. Also talk to your team to see who has the ability to physically make it there (i.e. time off from work, school, sports, and a ride there and home) and the dedication to make it to every meeting.
      When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

Like already stated it, find out some of the members' schedules and try and set it up around that because I'm sure they have more going on than just the post, sometimes more important things (ie: work). Meeting time is Tuesdays 6-8 P.M. here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2998 users online. 142 members and 2856 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X