300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer/Cadet Vehicles

Does your explorer/cadet post have a designated vehicle, and, if so, what is it equipped with? My explorer post has no vehicle, but explorers over 18 can join the reserve unit and drive their vehicles. Im curious, though, because I had an offer to build one for $5700 and i was wondering if that would be something to bring up next meeting.

Our Explorers are allowed to drive department vehicles for special events so long as they have a driver's license, the patrol rifle is removed, and they have permission. Most times they don't drive a department vehicle at all, or if they do, it's for a specific training. We don't have a reserve unit but one of our CSO's was a former Explorer.

Comment

As a former explorer, my old dept. we were never allowed to drive dept. vehicles - ever. We could ride, but we could not drive...even if we were over 18 with a valid D.L. The city wouldn't cover us for liability was one of the reasons why. The closest department vehicle we could use was the two Fuji bicycles for park patrol during events.

Comment

I know of two agencies in Delaware that allow their cadets to drive their vehicles. Dover PD and Delaware State Police have different criteria but Dover has an old Crown Vic that they allow to be used and DSP allows their cadets to drive fully equipped vehicles for specific purposes.
        Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
        But it is important to not use the Taser as an excuse for not being able to solve problems the old-fashioned way, through the traditional time-tested Pentecostal method of healing through the laying on of hands.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10265 users online. 481 members and 9784 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X