Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a 3D cell mag serves the same purpose as a baton if you really needed it to. The problem with that is that you would have to think up an excuse as to why you need a mag during the day.
    When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

Originally posted by OrlandoExp103 View Post
      I think a 3D cell mag serves the same purpose as a baton if you really needed it to. The problem with that is that you would have to think up an excuse as to why you need a mag during the day.
      That isn't a big deal. Building searches, dark basements, etc. Say, havent we met???

Comment

Ya, I think i remember you from somewhere...
        Youre going to let me test drive your new cruisers for you, right? I need to make sure they are safe for everyone first.
        When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

Originally posted by SpokaneExplorer View Post
          Yeah your fist are great, if your a good fighter but not everyone is a great fighter. This is why officers carry guns.
          Am I the only person who caught this? No offense, but unless you change your attitude on firearms REAL quick I'm hoping you never become a police officer.

Comment

if your an explorer,and alredy curios to bear arms,s l o w down.le is not all about guns,tasers etc.its alot more exstinsive than that.if you can talk your way out of somthing,now thats real experiance and moxy.as someone else mentioned,if you are an explorer,you probably have your mentor very near by.good luck in your pursuit.an explorer needs a mentor.thats why its called exploring.be safe

Comment

Originally posted by casaundra View Post
              if your an explorer,and alredy curios to bear arms,s l o w down.le is not all about guns,tasers etc.its alot more exstinsive than that.if you can talk your way out of somthing,now thats real experiance and moxy.as someone else mentioned,if you are an explorer,you probably have your mentor very near by.good luck in your pursuit.an explorer needs a mentor.thats why its called exploring.be safe
              Can someone tell me if this is in English? I can barely read it.

Comment

Funny, it reads fine to me....

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
                  Am I the only person who caught this? No offense, but unless you change your attitude on firearms REAL quick I'm hoping you never become a police officer.
                  StudChris, No offense, I don't even know what the hell your talking about. What attitude on firearms? I had posted that because Explorers are put and left by themselves in situations on rides where if they need to defend themselves they are going to have to either run or fight it out with nothing but their hands. Cops carry firearms to protect themselves and the innocent.

Did Anybody else understand what im saying here.

STUD Chris - no offense taken.

Comment

What you said is some officers can't fight, that's why they have firearms.

If you're put in a situation where you need to go hand to hand (or with your spray or taser), and you use your firearm because you can't fight, you're definately going to lose you're job, and you may find yourself in prison.

If you're put in a situation where you need to use your firearms, and you decide to go hands on instead, you're not going to lose your life.

Either way you're screwed. Officers DO NOT have firearms because they can't fight.

Comment

Originally posted by casaundra View Post
                      First of all.... what did you just say??

Second, from what I got out of it you're suggesting that instead of using any kind of a defensive weapon, talking your way out of any situation will work? Try again. If someone is swinging at me, charging me, drawing a weapon on me, or anything else like that, I'm smart enough to react with force if it is safe in that situation, or try to remove myself from that situation if possible. Talking your way out is always the best option when it works, but it is not applicable in all situations.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
                        What you said is some officers can't fight, that's why they have firearms.

If you're put in a situation where you need to go hand to hand (or with your spray or taser), and you use your firearm because you can't fight, you're definately going to lose you're job, and you may find yourself in prison.

If you're put in a situation where you need to use your firearms, and you decide to go hands on instead, you're not going to lose your life.

Either way you're screwed. Officers DO NOT have firearms because they can't fight.
                        I did not mean just because your in a fight you have to shoot the guy but in certain situations if you are getting your a** kicked enough that you can't recover and need to shoot the guy you have the option to if justifyed.
                        And you mean to tell me that every cop out there is a good hands on fighter? Just because people have good training doesn't make them a good fighter whether they are a cop or not. You guys are given a gun for protection if needed. If Departments felt that all their cops were excellent fighters they probably would not have their guys carry firearms.
                        It all depends on a use of force level here in Spokane. No body wants to kill anyone but I thought the goal for Law-Enforcement was to protect the public and go home to their familys each night.
                        I am just an explorer and lack the years of experience so correct me if im wrong.
                        Last edited by SpokaneExplorer; 05-07-2007, 01:39 AM.

Comment

I'm unfamiliar with Explorers as most depts in my area are to small to have as such. However we have regular's who are high school kids that do ride alongs.

I guess my response to why an 18 year old Explorer isn't given defensive tools is a question. Are you given the power of arrest? If not, then there is no reason for you to carry such defensive or offensive weapon, even though you are in some type of uniform you are there in a capacity of learning through observing not learning through participation. I say that lightly because often my ride alongs will assist me with small mundane things like measurements of a crash scene, listing missing items from a theft, things of that nature, but at no point when someone is going to take the ride do they take an active role in that aspect of my job.
                          Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                          I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                          Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                          as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

. .
                            Last edited by mlhelleckson; 02-04-2013, 06:01 PM.

Comment

We have no defensive weapons of any kind, but even if we did BSA couldn't do anything, we're seperated from them.

Comment

. .
                                Last edited by mlhelleckson; 02-04-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4081 users online. 296 members and 3785 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X