300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jobs/volunteer work

i just turned 18! april 4th and im a explorer right now. my question is is there any jobs i can do at the local PD orrr volunteer work that i can do with the local PD. sorry if i posted in the wrong place but sense im a explorer mine as well post here right.

Ask your advisor. At my PD you can become a Community Service Officer when you are 18 or you can work as a Park Service Officer with the park district police.

Comment

thank you for your reply! i will def check it out. sorry if it seemed like a dumb question. but thank you for the response

Comment

yeah no problem.

Comment

you may be able to be a dispatcher/telecommunicator at 18.....
          Rest in Peace I.P.D.

Comment

if you are currently an explorer to and looking for some more volunteer work while you are trying to land your self a job at the PD ask your advisor if he could set something up where you could help work the front desk and assist the officer/s there.

Comment

As stated above. There is a lot of stuff you can do.

Talk to your advisor and/or the staff at the PD. I have done many things at the PD on a volunteer basis, one of our Explorers works part time at the department office getting payed very well, and another is looking to be a dispatcher.
              TheDesire
              Desire. Dedication. Dicipline.

Comment

One of our explorers "interned" at the PD for a while. Apparantely worked out pretty good.
                -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by operator48
                  you may be able to be a dispatcher/telecommunicator at 18.....

That's what I did. CSO is a good job too. get paid for it
                  Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

Comment

If you're going to go to college, look into campus policing... not the best gig in the world, but you can get some good experience there, tuition deductions, and a good number of departments have a student officer or CSO program in place to hire students interested in law enforcement.

I am a Community Service Officer with my campus PD, and I will be the first to say this ain't the real world... but, I work 20 hours a week, and there is usually a foot pursuit, fight, or something else that isn't an MIP once a week... and to be honest, with 16-20 credit hours a term... once a week is more than enough for me.
                    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4206 users online. 195 members and 4011 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X